To Rebook for Tomorrow or Take My Chances?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Mtjsb, Mar 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hello Sages

I'm flying BIL-LGA tomorrow and when I checked in today recieved a message that I might miss my connection in MSP (long story, original flight was "direct", re-numbered so now close to an illegal connection). Connection time is 30 minutes. I'm in 5C now and have a decent chance of an UG, so I'll be at the front or, really close. Right now scheuled into F10 with no gate info for the connecting flight.

Looking at MSP-LGA for tomorrow (on DL), things seem available. Should I rebook now or wait to see if the connection is missed?
    Thanks for any advice.

2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mainline to mainline at MSP in 30 minutes I would hang onto for the moment. If, however, your flight out of BIL starts getting delayed, call your medallion line and see what they can do for you. If you get to MSP on time, you'll have to hustle a bit, but you should make it.

Mtjsb likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your flight has GoGo internet on it, remember that you can access delta.dumb for free. I think twitter might also be free now, until mid-April.

I'd probably be inclined to keep it. However, F10 is at the far end of the F concourse which has no moving walkways and is usually crowded, so that it's not an easy fast walk. My guess is that the LGA flight is likely to leave from either a low C gate or a G gate. (A lot of the F gates are used for 757s, which LGA is not.) Both have moving walkways, but getting to C involves transversing the Minnesota Crossing or whatever commercial area, which also tends to be crowded with gawkers and hence a slow walk. Look for an electric cart to take you nonstop to your gate and explain that you have a tight connection. (They are nice and appreciate tips.)

The weather at MSP is great today but expected to be wet snow and rain showers by late afternoon turning to snow overnight with less than an inch total. There might also be some scattered rain and snow showers in the morning. This should not disrupt operations.

BTW, even if it were the same flight number, a stop frequently involves an aircraft (and gate) change and you can easily miss the second half of your direct flight. DL is bad about this and nontransparent too! In reality, a direct flight just means a connection that can be harder to upgrade.

Mtjsb likes this.
  4. ThaNks MTkeller and MSPeconomist. Right now the gates are right next to each other, and the winds between Bil and MSP might push us hard...may even have time to hit Caribou at F 4! Thanks for the tip on the carts.. I've never taken one. (in fact going to NY for a 1/2 marathon ) sure do appreciate the MP community...