To Madrid And Back On SkyTeam: Introduction

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As you may recall, back in early September Ben posted about some amazing business class fares between select West Coast cities and Europe. SkyTeam was targeting oneworld hubs, and vice versa. I leapt at the opportunity to buy a round-trip business class fare to Madrid for under $2,000. (Of course, just a month later those same fares fell to a sub-$1,500 level, which was even harder to resist... so I've got another trip to London planned thanks to that fare sale.) I'd never been to Madrid before, and figured it would make an ideal city for a short four-day getaway, and would allow me to try out a range of new SkyTeam products there and back. While you may know me as a SkyTeam apologist, I should be upfront and let you know the booking situation from start to finish was a giant pain in the ass, because I made the mistake of booking through (having heard it offered a $20 "time to think" option to hold a reservation for up to two weeks at the quoted price). Air France's website offers the same option, which I wish I'd known at the time because, ladies and gents... The post To Madrid And Back On SkyTeam: Introduction appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...