To do a retro

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Silferlood, Apr 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Silferlood
    Original Member

Silferlood Silver Member

Status Points:
    Retros is really a hot subject from what I have seen in different forums regarding Eurobonus. I probably have been very lucky, since 2002 I have done maybe 2 retros one of them was a South African flight and the other one after a purchase in webshop. Is SAS really bad at this or is it the same at other frequent flyer or hotel programs?? :eek:

2. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess i've been very lucky aswell, never had to do e manual retro-reg. The times i've done an online one, the points have appeared in a couple of minutes. Dreading the day i have to do a manual one.

3. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I registered my Air China flights in 2010, it took over six months to get my points... Not impressed...

4. Erik

Erik Active Member

Status Points:
    Same here. It took about 6 months to have my Air China miles registered as well. You recieve no confirmation that they have received your email so you just have to put it in your calendar and follow up. It's really bad. (As far as I understand they have outsourced it to Thailand?)

5. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have only had to do one missed points registration with SK for a couple of TG domestic flights years ago. Sent a copy of my boardingpass stubs to the retroreg office in Bangkok, and had the in my account points within 14 days so actually not to bad.

Newer tried the electronic variant though.

6. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did a retro yesterday for a SAS flight, and got the points today. So when the electronic retor claim works, it seems to be very easy. The problem is when you have to do it manually

However, it may have nothing to do with it, but after the new IT system was implementet earlier this year I've experienced an increased occurence of flights not being posted or being posted very late