To call or not to call

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JTF, Feb 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JTF

JTF Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I booked 2 BusinessFirst tickets from ORD to EZE through IAH on CO on a saver award 50k each for 2 tickets. Travel times changed, but not a big deal, but now arrives at the same time as UA from EWR. Since 764 is undergoing conversions, I decided to make the change to UA to ensure lay flat seats. Called CO and had them switch us. Wanted first on miles so was willing to spend the extra 17.5k miles on each tix over the 50K for BF. CO made the switch from BF to UA first, but kept the mileage charge at 50 K and did not charge me the 67.5K. The kicker is we are only booked on economy for the ORD EWR flight (not a big deal) but that flight now shows RN and RO availability. Should I call to get the first on the ORD EWR flight, wondering if they will catch that I paid the lower mileage for first on UA when I call. Would also like to experience the IFL at ORD, but not sure I could n my situation.

deant, Travelsavant and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you want the whole experience to be a nice & easy; is entrance to ORD IFL, + flying 1st from ORD-EWR (RT) worth 35k miles to you; do you have a lot of miles? If yes, then take the risk & make the call.

AZjohn, NYCUA1K and deant like this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    At some point they will probably catch the error and deduct the miles from your account. You might as well call and get the seats you really want. In the long run I don't think it will cost you anything.

mailbroad, DCA1K, Flyer1976 and 2 others like this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    + 1 and you still can access the ORD IFL even if you aren't in F between ORD-EWR as long as your ticketed in International three class F on UA/*A Partners somewhere on your itinerary.