TK seat selection

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by chanp, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Booked an award ticket, with two legs on TK. Found it odd that my GVA-IST seats can NOT be selected until a week before flying and my longhaul to HKG can NOT be booked until a month before flying. Do you all have these restrictions as well? First airline that I have found that has those types of seat selection time.

2. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a segment of an award on TK in late April and can't get seats until a week before. Called TK in NY and in Toronto and was told same thing. Couldn't get seats...

3. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that within Europe or elsewhere? My GVA-IST I can not until a week before, but was told twice that I can a month prior for my IST-HKG.

4. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Within EU, its IST>MAD

5. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yea I find it odd as well, that you cant book a seat, until a week out.

6. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    The reps told me with the 'fare' that I booked I cant get seats until a week before... My fare is an award in C...

7. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same for me, its an award, F, but on this only C is avail. So maybe that s why. Thanks

8. c_9
    Original Member

c_9 Silver Member

Status Points:
    While fare class could come into play, to be honest a big issue for TK is the aircraft itself. They have such a variety that they may simply want to avoid booking seats until the near-term schedule becomes settled. If they let you pick a seat, and then the aircraft is swapped 2 months out, it's frustration all around.

I had reward seats on TK1910 and TK68 last month, and was able to book seats on both about 6-8 weeks ahead, but not 6 months ahead when I originally attempted it.

9. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    A month out for their longhaul is ok for me, to pick a seat (s), so as long as they keep that aircraft. A week prior even on their longhauls may be the best best, as then you hope they keep the aircraft.

10. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Called monday ( a month out). They let me book my short and long haul seats. Did 1A, 2A for us, instead of the middle pair. Agent said you cant really see each other, as there is a wall there. From the pics I see, I dont think we can see each others faces, but can see each other if we lean over??