TK carry on weight limits

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Mrlasssen, Aug 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be traveling on TK from Zurich to IST, then IST to YUL on a UAL coach award ticket. The weight limits are vague on their web site. How strict are they with the limits, will they weigh the carry ons?

2. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have read that they are not too stringent on carry on limits, with no reply's I am assuming it is true. Any comments?

3. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm travelling on TK on Sunday. According to my ticket receipt:

** For baggage carriages with Piece Concept, passengers traveling at economy class to points where the free baggage limit is 23kg, will be charged 80usd for each piece between 23-32kg.
    23kg is approximately 50 pounds. 32kg is approximately 70 pounds.

Lacking any widespread rumors/confirmation that TK doesn't check, I would be prepared to pay $80 for each bag over 50 pounds, and be prepared to be denied bags over 70 pounds. If you get lucky and they don't check, then consider it a lucky day. But come prepared, is my advice.

[Edit: website is pretty clear, and reconciles properly with the above info.
    http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-information/baggage/free-baggage-allowance ]

4. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    To follow-up, I just finished boarding TK8 from IAD. No attention whatsoever seemed to be paid to luggage size or weight at both the checkin counter and during the boarding process.

WilliamQ likes this.