Timing the Changes in MyWay Preferences

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Explore, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I often want to change miles partner preferences, and in-hotel benefit preferences on a daily basis to take advantage of specific partner promos that may apply at some hotels and not others, and capture extra points instead of breakfast at HH and Doubletree, if I won't be there for breakfast.

Having been infrequent with HH for a couple of years, I need to refresh my memory on timing those changes so the wrong credit won't apply. Is it always true that regardless of what the hotel folio says, the credit that applies is what's in your profile at 11:59 p.m. (midnight) U.S. Central Time of the checkout day?

2. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My recent experience is that it's what's in your profile when you check in. I've switched it multiple times recently after check in, and what posted was what was recorded the moment I checked in, not when I checked out. At least that's been my experience with the in-hotel benefits. I haven't changed my Double Dip partner options in a long time.

That said, it used to be possible to get more than one in-hotel benefit; choosing the room upgrade/breakfast before check in, arriving at the hotel, and then after you get to your room (but before midnight central time) switching to the points as the in-hotel benefit would get you the upgrade/breakfast plus the points. That trick hasn't worked for me in over a year.

3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's very important to distinguish between the "MyWay" benefits for gold and diamond members and the DoubleDip points for everyone. The MyWay (i.e. upgrade, breakfast, Internet, etc.) seems to need to be set before checkin. The DoubleDip bonus points or miles definitely have to be set by midnight the night of checkout. In other words, you check out and still have that afternoon and evening to change the DoubleDip style.

It makes sense, considering the MyWay stuff affects what you get at the hotel during your stay. The DoubleDip, otoh, cannot be determined until your folio is completed because of the variable nature of the bonus points or miles.

NYCUA1K likes this.