Timing of Hilton Gold Status Conferred by Credit Card Spend

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Ed Chandler, Dec 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't find this in the Ts&Cs, but surely someone knows...

Assuming one meets the spending threshold on a card to be granted Gold status, when does it become effective and when does it expire?

Does the spending threshold "reset" on January 1? On your card anniversary? etc.

Does spending-based status "expire" on January 1 of the following year? On the card anniversary of the following year? One year from when it was earned? At the end of the following year?

Thanks.

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are easier ways to get Gold with Hilton than credit card spending over a certain amount.... excluding staying n times or m nights but including getting a different credit card or some of the challenges that are around.

DTWBOB

3. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I do, sincerely, appreciate the reply. I'm aware of the Hilton Reserve VISA, etc.

However, since it's likely that my spending on the card is going to exceed the threshold anyway, I just want to know what to expect.

Thanks.

4. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    My card Gold card expires 3/14 and I got that early this year. I probably hit the spend threshold in Dec 2011.

5. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Spending on the AMEX is calculated from Jan 1 to Dec 31

6. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the data, guys. I appreciate it.

It looks as though the grant of status is sufficient to give you the opportunity to keep it continuous, rather than having to start each year with 0 spend and 0 status. (I'm probably not writing that the way I mean it, but it would suck to have a few months each year after your spend reset where you lost your status until you regained it again.)

Thanks again.