Timeout on Bluebird load but it showed up anyway?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by gconnery, Feb 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, so I was at this particular WM at lunch today that tends to have a working ATM. I was in line behind another guy loading his BB. We talked. He mentioned he was seeing timeouts. He was clearly trying to load $200 cards from the recent promo that I skipped (just too much trouble, I can't be bothered with anything under $500). You'd get past everything to the approval screen and then it would print out a receipt that had only two lines of text and said blah blah blah timeout.

So I figured I'd try anyway. Hit the machine. Same result. Tried both WM and Bluebird softkeys. No dice. Time outs each time.

So figured machine was flaky. Hit a regular cashier. Same problem. Figured the system was down or whatever.

Later in the day I hit up a different WM and had no trouble unloading the VGCs. Normal printouts.

So I check my BB account recently and it shows each of the reloads, in fact $2000 in reloads today. And in fact I got those emails to my registered email account that say "Your American Express Serve Reload Was Successfull". Odd.

I assume this'll all get corrected and the funds will magically disappear from my BB account within a couple of days. Anybody else ever seen this?

2. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't had that exact problem but I did get an error message when loading a VR to BB on my computer a few months ago. It said that it didn't load but I had $500 in my account. I marked that VR and payed my Bill. When I went through them a week or two later it loaded another $500 from the same VR and neither of them were ever taken back. I don't know if it was a screw up by me in keeping track or if I just got $500 extra but I am 99% sure it loaded twice. My brother actually had a very similar experience on the same day as me and his were not taken back either.

3. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, I've seen reload reversals from WM now. So the balance is back to normal. No idea what would have happened if I'd have used the money right away.