Time for the experts to weigh in ...

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Philphactor, Jun 30, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Philphactor
    Original Member

Philphactor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that American has joined the dAArk side by adjusting the program to be revenue-based instead of distance, I've had this question floating around in my mind:

If I buy 4 tickets for my family, will I receive credit for all of the tickets I've purchased? After all, they are getting revenue from me for 3 additional tickets.

Previously, each member of my family had to have their own AAdvantage account to receive mileage credit. I'm not going to purchase four separate tickets so my family can stay on the same itinerary should travel issues arise.

IMHO, since it is more blatantly about revenue, why shouldn't I be rewarded for my dollar spend?

Let the ridicule and mocking begin ...

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    No.

edekba likes this.
  3. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    To ask your question from a different perspective.........

How about those businesses/corporations that pay for tix for their employees? Do you think the businesses/corporations should get the miles or the traveler?

WilliamQ likes this.
  4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right through the heart...

alfagirl likes this.
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. Not ridiculing or mocking, I think I can answer one very good reason on one basis alone. If I purchase a ticket for myself that is 4 times as expensive as yours, three additional seats are still available for sale to other passengers. Under the scenario you present, you are filling 4 seats for the same amount of money, thus reducing their revenue disproportionally for that flight.

WilliamQ and Pizzaman like this.
  6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is the "worse" thing about these changes.

The individual me hates the reduction of benefits as I lose.

But at the same time, the logical me also sees, understand and (to a limited extend) "agrees" as these are business entities and they will keep evolving their methods and level of customers "engagement" in tandem to the macro situation in which the businesses operates.

Newscience likes this.