Time for Government Regulation of Airlines to Return? No Way…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    “United Airlines treats me like a dog pile even though I spent over $10,000 with them last year and hold Platinum status with their airline. So, I’m flying mostly American Airlines. And, Delta offers a pretty darn good in-flight product if United and American both fail me. In the age of regulation, where prices were fixed, airlines had to compete on service, free bottles of booze and all kinds of other luxuries. Those days are past, relics of a society that thinks very differently today about service needs.” Ed Pizzarello of Pizza in Motion wrote this article — from which the quoted content shown above was extracted — which definitely provokes thought as a result of his argument pertaining to why government regulation of airlines in the United States should not return, which contradicts the point of this article written by Paul Hudson of Elliott; but I also like to deal with the simplest and most basic principles which help to set a foundation for more complex ideologies. Government intervention in industries where companies are in business to profit should only be... The post Time for Government Regulation of Airlines to Return? No Way… appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...