Time for a LAN Forum?

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the start of MP not an excellent time to have a specific LAN forum? I think so, and not only because my middle name is Pisco!

What an excellent first post in the Other Airlines / South America Forum!

2. I am hopeful that the existence of a LAN forum will be a key differentiator! It was the first thing I looked for!

MrHalliday likes this.
  3. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. I tried to start it on flyertalk but was voted down. It simply makes following Lan very difficult.

4. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any news on the LAN TAM front, which alliance they will keep? Last I heard they were keeping their own brands and operating certificates.

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The government of Chile has put a temporary halt on the merger for further investigation re: competition.

6. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many people, who never flew LAN are using their miles through SPG etc. I think they deserve a separate forum.

7. pixel girl
    Original Member

pixel girl Active Member

Status Points:
    Chiming in to say that I'd love to see a LAN forum as well!

MrHalliday and Wanaflyforless like this.
  8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the great feedback, guys! So, we can try to set expectations correctly, I wanted to share some quick thoughts. During beta (the month of February), our plan was not to add any additional fora. Once March 1st rolls around, we're going to start sifting through the tea leaves of content that have been added and start considering such things.

It's important to note that we won't be making these decisions right on March 1st. But, we are keeping an eye on pretty much all of the threads, looking for patterns and better ways to serve the community.

9. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, LAN has a nice selection of tea and infusiones onboard in the front cabin, and so there will hopefully be plenty of leaves. [​IMG]

10. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    lol

Another vote for LAN to have its own forum, when the appropriate time comes around.

11. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, thanks for the info.

12. ACPanda
    Original Member

ACPanda Active Member

Status Points:
    I would also like to see a LAN forum

MrHalliday likes this.
  13. Erasmus
    Original Member

Erasmus Silver Member

Status Points:
    As one of the few folks that seems to answer questions about LAN on the "other board," I can't say I've seen the need for a LAN forum, as the entire OA Americas forum over there doesn't get more than a thread a day or so. It's not like the LAN topics are drowning in others, and it would sure make for a quiet forum.

Besides, 90% of the folks asking questions seem to have redeemed tickets with BA miles acquired from Chase cards, and have no intention of ever flying LAN again after that :)

14. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I disagree. And I am unanimous in that! :D I'm one of the other few that answer LAN questions on the "other side." Meanwhile, this is a new day, fresh, like a summer's eve. And freshness is what it is all about. Because sometimes, on the "other side" there's that "not so fresh feeling."

Besides, messing with a pisco drinking shark is not recommended [​IMG]

15. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd also like to vote for a LAN forum. It would be great to find info on the airline in one spot and not mixed up with other airlines like in "that place that shall not be named". [​IMG]

16. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for a distinct Forum, even as a sub-forum for other airlines. Just having all of the threads in the same place makes it easier than having to rely on search.

It would also be wonderful for a cross-post option where a thread could, for instance, appear on the BA and LAN and Chase BA card fora all at once.

Erasmus likes this.
  17. Erasmus
    Original Member

Erasmus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Especially one that swims in the East Bay? [​IMG]

The previous poster's suggestion for support for cross-posting (where its actually the same thread, just listed in each forum, much like Gmail's multi-tagging feature) seems like a neat idea, though!

aitchly likes this.
  18. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Haven't seen too much talk about it in the Beta Feedback fora though.

19. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    there are so many great uses for LAN miles I'm all for LAN getting it's own forum.

al613 likes this.
  20. Would you mind expanding on how you use your LAN miles? I haven't seen a good discussion of how best to use LAN miles other than award travel. Thanks.

21. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    dansdeals is a huge fan of LAN miles check out his article link

22. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is no LATAM yet. The Chile antitrust authorities ordered an exceptional review and the Brazil review will not even begin until the Chile one is finished. There is doubt it will ever happen, much less whether the FF programs will merge or adopt a single alliance. Right now it is all up in the air. TAP and LATAM are sniffing about merging TAP into the LATAM structure. Were that to happen and the deal did happen it would argue for *A over OW.

23. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I missed supporting the LAN forum. Were we to have that, and a TAM one two, the two could merge were LATAM to happen. In the meantime MP would be a draw for people interested in the Southern Cone.

That suggests we should have a Chile, and Argentine and a Brazil forum too. I notice a few regular poster from all those places here. A Pisco Sour would taste good just now.

24. old_dog_new_tricks

old_dog_new_tricks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, a LAN forum would be nice, especially if we populated it with sorely missing info

25. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for a LAN forum here !!!!!!