Tim Hortons to launch loyalty rewards program

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by sobore, Feb 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/tim-hortons-to-launch-loyalty-rewards-program-1.1696322

[​IMG]

Tim Hortons is launching its own loyalty rewards program in response to growing competition in the coffee market.

The company has partnered with CIBC for a Visa credit card that accumulates points redeemable at Tim Hortons stores, part of a broader effort to give its customers more incentives.

Chief operating officer David Clanachan says a loyalty program for coffee drinkers who don't want to use a credit card is also in the works.

"We really like the idea of turning over a new leaf and doing it in this controlled format," he said in a phone interview.

"We see this as a big part of our future and this is kind of our first foray down that path."
    Some of Tim Hortons' biggest competitors have made loyalty programs a priority.

McDonald's offers a McCafe sticker card for regular coffee drinkers, while Starbucks has both and app and rewards card that gives free drinks and food to frequent customers.

Tim Hortons has grappled with fewer transactions at its restaurants even as fourth-quarter profits increased marginally to $100.6 million in its latest period from $100.3 million a year earlier.

Revenue grew 10.7 per cent to $898.5 million from $811.6 million, the company said Thursday.

Read More: http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/tim-hortons-to-launch-loyalty-rewards-program-1.1696322

satman40, Jimgotkp, foxberg and 2 others like this.
  2. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is what one has to do these days to stay in the game.

3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't DD introduce a new program recently as well?

satman40 and foxberg like this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    They've had it for awhile now.

satman40 likes this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, Timmies.....double-double please. We're at a nearby Tim's drive through often on our way home from anywhere. But a CC that offers Tim's points without any hotel points/airline miles? Nah, just give me a card that gets a free coffee after five coffees, similar to what my car dealer gives with a free oil change after five. Let's see, 365 days a year divided by 5 equals......! :)

satman40 likes this.
  6. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a lot of competition is definitely out there a lot of companies have their programs and that's a heck of a lot of coffee to drink !!!

satman40 likes this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    blackjack-21 likes this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reading over the venues and lectures of the two day event, it seems to be for coffee shop owners, suppliers, and similar. Too long a flight for us to learn how to make a cuppa coffee. We'll let the pro's handle that and rely on our nearby Timmies or my wife at home to get me a good, tasty brew. Only loss of not going to the event, no new FF miles for getting there, plus the usually lousy plane brew.

satman40 likes this.
  9. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just want to get better at late art...next year at Navy Pier Chicago..

Being retired CES, The Builders Show, things like that are kind if fun.,

Coffee has came a long way, since the old Pyrex, and the percolator..

blackjack-21 likes this.
  10. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We still have one of those old perculators. Sits proudly on a top shelf in the kitchen, and makes great coffee if I remember correctly.

satman40 likes this.