Tijuana - San Diego pedestrian bridge

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by viguera, Dec 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mapsmith, marcwint55, gregm and 2 others like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting but nothing new ... I have done this many times by parking across the boarder, then taking a cab to TIJ for a cheap flight within Mexico!

Mapsmith, marcwint55 and brucewil like this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although I have never done it. Good plan. And a couple of years ago, there were extremely cheap fares from TIJ to China. (approx. $300 r/t)

marcwint55 and Kalboz like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes the wait to get back across the border into San Ysidro can be a nightmare.

Kalboz, Mapsmith and viguera like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seriously... my friend "accidentally" ended up in Mexico earlier this year when we were in San Diego and it took him hours to get back. To this day I still don't know the story of how that happened... :)

Mapsmith and marcwint55 like this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few years ago my son and I walked over as my wife has a cousin who lives in TJ and we met him for a bite to eat. I didn't feel like buying Mexican insurance for just a couple of hours, so we walked over and met him. When he dropped us off to return, the line was insane. We tried asking a few people who were in cars for a lift over the border, but they looked at us like we were crazy. It ended up taking us a little over two hours to get back. I would never do that again.

viguera likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's why it's best not to drive into or out of Mexico ... just park & walk and then on the return take a cab from TIJ to the border (for less than $20) for a walk back to your car. Try to avoid major holidays as pedestrians queue crossing the border could be as long as 1/4 mile.

viguera likes this.