Tiberias, Here I Come!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

My very first marathon was in January of 2007. It was in Tiberias, Israel and took place just a few short months after I started running. I ran it with the friend who encouraged me to run a marathon just a year before. First Time Running Tiberias I had begun my training in October of 2006 using a wonderful book (the Non-Runner’s Marathon Trainer) that gave a very simple training program. Right after I started, I ran my very first race – a 5K that I ran in 24:48. The amazing part was that two days before that 5K, I was unable to even run 1.5 miles without stopping. Just three months later, I ran my first marathon and did it in a time of 4:34. I headed out on the out-and-back course faster than I should have. I wanted to meet my friend on the turnaround as close to the halfway point as possible. It was a dumb move and cost me greatly. I reached the 13.1 mile mark in exactly 2... The post Tiberias, Here I Come! appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...