THY lounges - ORD and IST

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by dc1956, Mar 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dc1956

dc1956 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, so THY has taken over an empty lounge in ORD. I was all set to visit the Swiss lounge which I understand is small but sweet. Instead, the THY lounge was, shall we say, not particularly worth going out of your way for. In truth, they have yet to do anything to make it their own and served an embarrassment of food - not an embarrassment of riches - canned chicken noodle soup it seemed in a cheesy crock pot and a bag of lettuce thrown into a bowl made the salad..

As I write I am now sitting in the THY lounge in IST. Can you say fabulous??? I have read nit picky reviews about it and to those folks, get a life. This is simply an amazing oasis providing tremendous respite from long flights. Way to go THY!

2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. The TK lounge in IST is awesome. There is something for everyone, from showers and sleeping rooms to TV to a variety of seating and food and beverages.

One thing that I did not realize as it wasn't marked very well is that if you are originating in IST and have access rights to the lounge there is an entrance directly from the terminal with its own passport control. It is at the far left of the terminal, and is much faster than going through regular passport control.

3. dc1956

dc1956 Silver Member

Status Points:
    used that line and strolled right on through - a new sensation at IST!

4. dc1956

dc1956 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone seen the THY lounge at ORD since my March visit? Has it bee redone yet? Flying through again and hope it is better.