Thumbs up [Tweak my Trip] New flight tickets search engine - Optimize the price of your tickets

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Tweakmytrip, Jan 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint members,

Our New Website has been launched
    Tweak my trip

http://www.tweakmytrip.com

We are very proud to present our new and fully operational website. We hope that it will be attractive to you.

At Tweak my trip, our mission is to help you find trips which fit best into your budget, your vacation dates and your destination choices.
    We have developed a free-to-use engine that let you find automatically those trips (multiple countries, multiple combinations of possible dates and trip durations).

At this stage our first priority is to provide you with a good service and we invite you, as a MilePoint member, to visit our service, share your feedback, both good and bad, in order to help us develop our platform.
    Please post in this new thread.

PS: We were not able to post on the "Travel Tool" subforum.

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    iolaire likes this.
  2. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint members,

The new version of our website has just been released.
    It becomes even easier to find cheap flight tickets !

tweakmytrip_._com

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The requirement to register before I can try the tool out is enough to turn me off from it.

seeword and iolaire like this.
  4. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear Wandering Aramean,

Thank you for your feedback.
    We know that registration may turn some users off and we are thinking about this process.

By the way, we identified it and put a special entry in our FAQ
    • Q: Why do I need to register with an email address to be able to use Tweak my trip ?
      A: Tweak my trip queries can be really complex (multiple countries, multiple airports within each country, many combinations of possible dates and trip durations) and results cannot be provided instantly, but need to be communicated at a later date.

Notifying them by email seems to us as the best solution at this stage.

This might evolve in the future.

All the same, let's have a try and enjoy the service !

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So I put in some search parameters and eventually might get an email back with options?

Not too appealing, unfortunately. If I'm doing a search I want to see results on the next screen after I click the button.

6. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have to agree with WA. Most of us are about immediate information so we can make decisions quickly in many cases. Having to wait on an itinerary probably won't fit well with most, imo.

7. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear TravelBear,

We are working on immediate results for queries which do not need a lot of time to compute.
    But usually those queries are the queries you can manage with common flight tickets search engines : a trip with known dates (+/- 1 day) for a specific airport in a specific country.

Our service fits well with complex queries (multiple countries, multiple airports within each country, many combinations of possible dates and trip durations).
    For those queries we still cannot provide results instantly (same as our prices providers), and need to communicate them at a later date.
    We are working on improving the time frame between your request and the email notification, and also thinking of a better solution than email notification.

We will update MilePoint's members as soon as those enhancements will be available.

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

iolaire likes this.
  8. seeword

seeword Silver Member

Status Points:

Agreed... too much personal info required just to do a search.

9. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried it and seems to take a long time for a simple search. Wanted 1 hour and 23 minutes for a JFK - Ireland trip. Waiting for the email results but I could have done the same in a minute or so on ITA

I really don't see the value. If doing complex itineraries, there are a lot more factors other than a date range and countries.

10. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear Jackplum,

Your research criteria was :
    - One traveler
    - from JFK
    - to Ireland
    - during 201X/XX/05-201X/XX/20 --> 16 possible days
    - a trip which lasts between 3 and 15 days

1. More dates than a single ITA query
    On ITA, the difference between max and min in a range cannot be greater than seven days.
    TmT lets you make bigger "Length of stay" queries (1 day to 30 days). For instance, you queried for 13 days.

We think that this feature is great for travelers without fixed-date holiday who do not know exactly when they will travel.

2. Cannot select a country within a single ITA query
    Tweak my Trip has selected 8 airports within Ireland when you have to select airports one by one with ITA :
    Cork-Airport ORK
    Galway-Airport GWY
    Donegal-Airport CFN
    Dublin-Airport DUB
    Ireland-West-Knock-Airport NOC
    Kerry-Airport KIR
    Shannon-Airport SNN
    Sligo-Airport SXL

We think that this feature is great for low budget travelers who do not know where to land.

3. ITA is globally quicker than TmT
    True, we are working on it.

Since you explained that you have not received our email, we have just sent it again.

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    This is not true; ITA allows multiple airports to be searched at the same time.

12. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for those details. We have updated our previous post.

13. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint members,

French version of our website has been released.
    For any other languages, get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

14. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm lost on page one. I can't click on "get started". That point on the screen is overwritten with prompts to "follow" on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook. If I go down a screen, I see a bunch of empty unlabeled boxes on the right side; on the left it says "sign up". I can't figure out how. The "register" icon at the bottom of the page does nothing. Oh well.

Internet Explorer 9.0. Only choice on my work laptop.

15. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of the problems with the response is that the "feature is great for low budget travelers" etc makes no sense.

The only airports that are direct from JFK are DUB and SNN. Any connection is not going to be low budget

16. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear 365Roadwarrior,

You are right, your issue comes from your browser : IE <= 9 does not support the current forms (normally you can see what kind of data is required in each field).
    We will release a solution for your issue soon.

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

17. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear jackplum,

I hope you do not mind, theoretically you are right, direct flights should be cheaper than flights with connections. But it varies in practice and we find such good deals with our Tweak my Trip engine.
    Indeed, airfares algorithms used by airlines and discount offers decided by those same airlines do not make airfares follow the common sense and theory.
    In practice, this means that, sometimes, you can travel more for a lower fare.

Some intensive travelers follow a CPM indicator (cents per mile) and you know that this KPI is definitely not constant.

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  18. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear RoadWarrior,

IE8 & 9 compatibility has been released.

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

19. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thumbs up from you to you?

20. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:

I somewhat understand your point however an "intensive travelers" may also be interested in such factors as earning loyalty status, redeemable miles, etc.; variables that are not readily discoverable especially on a search engine.

Another point is lack of accuracy. In my search you listed Galway as an option, however that would be an interesting landing since Galway does not have commercial flights.

When selecting my itinerary as prepared for me, it allow for booking with your partner and required me to reenter the search How is any of this easier than just booking direct? My concurrent searches found the same or cheaper either through the airline or ITA.

There are a plethora of search engines that provide immediate results. Likewise, many of the airline sites allow for complex searches.

I fail to see what makes yours different.

21. Tweakmytrip

Tweakmytrip Member

Status Points:
    Dear jackplum,

We note that the following enhancements would be great :
    - Redeemable miles per flights and other pieces of information from frequent flyer program benefits ;
    => Got your point, we will see how we can improve our search engine with those pieces of information
    - Galway inactivation since it has ceased commercial operations ;
    => Done, Galway airport is no more taken into account for flights to Ireland
    - Direct redirection to the selected flight ticket on one of our partners website ;
    => Sure, and this feature is currently under development, we will release it soon

Cheers,

Tweak my Trip

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015