Throwback Thursday: Going to HEL with American

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As I've mentioned previously, one of the greatest things about the miles & points hobby is being able to share incredible experiences with family & friends. The main reason I write trip reports is to share my travel experiences with you guys in hopes of everyone being able to travel as comfortably as possible. But another reason is that it’s sort of a fun record for me to have of some of the amazing experiences I’ve had over the years. So with that in mind, I thought it would be fun to “throwback” to a trip I took with a blog reader to Helsinki. American Airlines was launching a summer seasonal service to Helsinki out of Chicago, and wanted to spotlight the route. To promote the service, American invited me to experience the route in business class, though I asked if I could instead pay for my ticket and invite along a reader. They agreed without hesitation, so I launched a giveaway where I asked you guys to tell me why you should win. I narrowed it down to 20 finalists, had friends narrow it down to 10 finalists, and then had you guys vote on who should win. The winner was Andrew B, who had some hilarious memes, and as a result he was stuck hanging out with me for a few days. We hit it off right away, which was good news, as American's old business class seats are a bit cozy: The post Throwback Thursday: Going to HEL with American appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...