Thrifty Blue Chip

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by The Boat, Apr 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, it appears that Thrifty is the least expensive option for rentals in the SNA area. But, has anyone dealt with their Blue Chip program (which I signed up for as it seems that they are the least expensive for a few other trips)?

jackal likes this.
  2. billydee
    Original Member

billydee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I joined the Blue Chip program several years ago and it's worked out fine. I've only used Thrifty 2-3 times most years (primarily at DEN) and have always gotten great deals.
    The one really nice thing I find about them is that they usually (but not 100% of the time) post a board with Blue Chip members names and waiting vehicle space numbers. And when that's not posted just the fact that you can get in the separate Blue Chip line at the counter saves a lot of time.

jackal likes this.
  3. 2MM_Guy
    Original Member

2MM_Guy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the free days that you get as a Blue Chip member. i rent every week so they add up pretty fast.

jackal likes this.
  4. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, more locations are starting to adopt this model (after Hertz/Avis). It works very smoothly, especially when Thrifty is half the price of Hertz or Avis.

billydee likes this.