Three ways to prepare for overseas travel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jun 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...seas-travel/ctyPu3M62CEU5MZm3frH7I/story.html

If you’re traveling to an exotic destination this summer you’ll likely need to take certain precautions to avoid getting an exotic infection.

More than half of all travelers to developing countries get sick while abroad, usually diarrhea or other gastrointestinal symptoms, and 8 percent have symptoms severe enough to warrant medical attention, according to the World Tourism Organization.

A new analysis of 42,000 tourists from America, Europe, and elsewhere who sought medical care for travel-related infections during 2000 to 2010 found that there was more than a 50 percent increase in such illnesses over the course of a decade.

Some of the most common problems were due to mosquito-borne illnesses like malaria, dengue fever, and chikungunya. While malaria infections decreased due to improved mosquito control in certain African countries, dengue fever is on the rise.

Read More: http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...seas-travel/ctyPu3M62CEU5MZm3frH7I/story.html

garyst16, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. Anton

Anton New Member

Status Points:
    I had a transaction that I required to make overseas while journeying. So I took some extra cash and in a handsome amount I required, then recommended it over to the receiver when I got there.

3. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    mosquito problem in South Africa has very dangerous coz if you dont have idea then you ll start suffering with different problems.