Three Strikes (Calls) And You're Approved for the British Airways Card

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by MLW20, Sep 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In early July much of the credit card chatter was about our last chance to sign up for the Chase British Airways credit card 100,000 miles offer. I didn't think much about getting in on this deal as Kim and I both received this offer when the card came out a couple of years back. We used our miles to fly in business class to Italy for 120,000 mile each. (Taxes were a bit high but we still found the deal and trip well worth it)
    I started thinking about the possibility of getting the BA card again. I wasn't sure if it was possible to get the card for a second time and I already was approved for a bunch of Chase cards this year. So I pretty much forgot about it.
    About a week later I was doing my daily travel blog reading and came across an important piece of information on Million Mile Secrets: Emily gets the British Airways 100,000 Point Bonus for a Second Time!
    I thought it over and decided to take a chance at getting the BA card. To apply for the offer, I had to do a mock flight booking with British Airways. This then brought up the offer to earn 100,000 British Airways Avios miles. The offer gave 50K miles after your first purchase. The annual fee of $75 was not waived. The second 50K were given after your first card anniversary by again making a purchase and paying the $75 fee.
    If I was approved I would earn 100,000 BA miles after two purchases and $150 in fees. I hate paying fees (and rarely do) but the ease of no minimum spend to earn the miles really appealed to me.
    Check out the rest of my post HERE

Mikus33 and alohastephen like this.