Three of Vietnam’s hotels make global top-20 list

Discussion in 'Asia' started by AmericanGirl, Mar 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Caravelle Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi and the Hilton Hanoi Opera have made it onto the ‘Top 20 Hotels for Value Overall’ list created by Travel + Leisure, one of the two best-selling travel magazines in North America.

“Value is one of the hottest travel trends of 2011,” said John Gardner, general manager of the Caravelle. “Given the recent global slump, and uncertainty over the kind of rebound the economy has actually made, we expect this trend to continue through the year.”

The Caravelle and the Metropole recently won places on Travel + Leisure’s list of the top 500 hotels in the world. The Metropole also won a spot on the Conde Nast Traveler Gold List, as well as more than 20 other prestigious lists in 2010.
    Source: Thanh Nien

savydog likes this.
  2. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, brings back memories from 15 years ago. I was in backpacking in Vietnam and staying in low budget hotels. After traveling for 3 weeks my friends and I went to the Sofitel Metropole Hanoi to look around. We couldn't afford to stay there but went to one of their brunches. The brunch was delicious and the hotel felt like paradise after weeks of roughing it. Luxury can best be experienced when rarely encountered.

savydog likes this.
  3. rjb
    Original Member

rjb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also memories of my 2001 1st visit. We stayed in cheap hotels where rooms were great value but the included bar fridge was of little use when the staff used to turn off the power to the room as soon as they saw you walk out. Not sure what it is like now but it was easy then to walk door to door & take your pick of what suited you.

savydog likes this.