Three-Day Sale at Hilton

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Canarsie, Oct 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Starting on October 10, 2011, select Hilton Worldwide properties are on sale for as little as £50 per night in Europe, the Middle East or Africa. Book by October 12, 2011. Greater than 50,000 rooms are included in the sale.

The room rates are per room per night based on two adults sharing. Offer is subject to availability at participating hotels. Reduced Room Only and Bed and Breakfast rates when booked between Oct 10, 2011 and Oct 12, 2011 to stay on weekends from October 14, 2011 to December 16, 2011. Blackout dates apply. Other rules, terms, conditions and restrictions apply.

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing this fantastic offer on MP!:)

3. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    5,000 bonus points also for new HHonors members.

alohastephen, rwoman and uggboy like this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are some pretty good deals to be found (not all- but some are very good).

nime01, rwoman and uggboy like this.
  5. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a four night stay in Dusseldorf in December. It is an award stay, but at very reduced prices I was willing to change to a paid stay.

The cheapest that I could find for the nights I wanted was 149 Euros per night, and that was a pre-paid rate which did not include breakfast.

I will stay with my award reservaetion.

6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are HHonors Gold or Diamond (and thus get lounge access), you really don't need breakfast at the Dusseldorf location: the breakfast (as well as dinner) in the executive lounge is stunningly good. You will miss nothing by eating in the lounge ...

alohastephen and nime01 like this.
  7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea.

uggboy and nime01 like this.
  8. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    In theory this is a great promotion, but trying to get availability is another thing.

uggboy likes this.
  9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well- it is a three day sale- and this is day two :)

uggboy likes this.
  10. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did check the rates on day 1, I was look for Hilton Heathrow on two separate dates, and these special rates were not available on either day.

uggboy likes this.
  11. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's only hope you looked for the new Hilton Heathrow T5 instead of the Hilton Heathrow T4!

12. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I looked at both. Problem is one day we are flying out of T3 at early o'clock, the other we fly out of T5. I think I've decided to stay at the Sofitel on the day we go out of T5 as the Hilton rates are ridiculous.

What is wrong with the Hilton at T4. We have stayed there on numerous occasions, but nothing for the last 8 years. Has it gone downhill that much? The place is far too expensive even points wise.

I looked at the Sheraton Skyline but the whole Hoppa bus thing did my head in which is why I am not keen on Hilton at T5.

uggboy likes this.
  13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sofitel could be a good move actually, have not stayed there but a friend has and had only good things to say about it. Indeed, the Hilton London Heathrow properties can be very expensive this includes paid stays and point stays.

We have stayed at the Hilton T4 and the service was indifferent, the room service food was only so so, prices are high, choices are small, the rooms are very small too and for the price paid do not even offer a bathtub and in the morning the breakfast in the executive lounge was disgusting. Not worth it in IMHO.

Having read about the Hilton T5, this seems to be on a different level with large rooms, celebrity restaurant and is completely new, but you will need the Hoppa Bus to reach it. BAA the airports operator does not allow the hotels that they use free shuttle bus services. So there is a monopole for the Hoppa Bus.

We had also stayed earlier in the Sheraton Skyline, wonderful executive room, but the executive lounge can be a bit of a mess, when too many people attending with very few staff and running out offerings. But the Italian restaurant was memorable for the right reason. Again, a Hoppa Bus ride is needed to reach this hotel too.

We will try later this year for our first time the Sheraton Hotel Heathrow, this is the second property by Sheraton, have read good things about it and yes, a Hoppa bus ride is needed to reach it. Many SPGers said that's there go to hotel when at Heathrow and indeed, the rates are good, even for executive rooms with lounge access, our choice again and the physical plant, rooms look good too.

14. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually now that you have jogged my memory I can recall that last time we stayed at T4 Hilton even though my DH had Diamond status and was on a paid stay they allocated us twin beds and supposedly nothing else was available.

We are never bothered by club offerings or in house restaurants as we rarely frequent either places. We lived in Windsor for 5 years so we tend to hit the restaurants there that we know well.

I'm thinking maybe we should change our first flight so we don't go at early o'clock and we can stay in London for the night. I think the Sofitel will win on the last night because I love convenience.

TRAVELSIG and uggboy like this.
  15. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Toula- I have stayed a few times at the Sofitel. It is pretty good as far as a Heathrow hotel goes- I think you made the correct choice.

uggboy likes this.
  16. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    No need to use the dreadful Hoppa bus for Heathrow hotels. There are regular buses covering all hotels in the area and they are FREE and frequent. The area around the airport is a Free Zone and there is no charge if you don't travel out of that zone. Go to the Central Bus Station at LHR and find your ride.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.