Thoughts on the Blue Card which arrived today

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Apr 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alas, my HHonors Blue Card arrived in today's mail. It mentions that "Your travel this year has earned you Blue status..." Wow! "Earned?" :rolleyes: :p

And so,
    The sun rose in the east this morning, and will likely set to the west.
    My coffee this morning was hot.
    I had a breakfast, then I had some lunch.
    I'm currently having a bottle of Crystal Geyser Very Berry Flavor Sparkling Mineral Water.
    I'll go out to dinner tonight.
    I have no idea when I'm next staying at a HH property, but I didn't have any needless HH mattress runs in the past year, and my bank account thanks me.
    My next HH stay won't have an upgrade, nor a free breakfast, unless I stay at a Hampton Inn.
    I probably won't wave my Blue card around with a DO YOU KNOW WHO I WAS tantrum at any front desk.
    My self-esteem has not been crushed, my ego is the same size, and no important body parts have suffered shrinkage.
    And that is a reflection of my first day with a Blue card in hand.

mht_flyer, desamo, kellio and 3 others like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they should have worded it slightly differently.

"Here. A lousy blue card. You got what you deserved. We probably shouldn't even mail you the piece of plastic. Thanks for nothing."

:D

kyunbit and newbluesea like this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received mine yesterday which I thought was really odd since I have the Hilton Reserve CC and I'm gold...

4. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ha, I love that. Cept for 'going out to dinner tonight, unless it was your idea. - - "Da Bride" is fixing dinner, as we speak. And my water is mixed with my very good friend, JD.

But all else, Right On. (Psst, hey buddy, wanna buy a few thousand HHonors points?)
    Darn, didn't think so.

Bay Pisco Shark likes this.
  5. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could send it back, with a note that says,
    "If it's Blue, I'm Through". Same goes for Silver, but since JD is sitting here, wanting my attention, I just can't come up with a quick ryme for Silver.

6. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your few thousand, and another couple of hundred thousand, will get me a nice room for a few days, somewhere :(

Dinner will be at a nice restaurant, down the street from home, with 2 bottles of wine coming along for the ride (well, so to speak, as it is a walk).:cool:

cvsara likes this.
  7. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy your walk (Stroll) to dinner. Been known to have a 'travel Mug' with a spirit, in it, going to dinner too.

8. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just opened todays mail, (Comes later, here in the 'stix' than you all in the City. Mine is now Silver ! ! :p

9. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    'Da Bride' Could have waited till Monday, to give me that. Need to send a check to Uncle Sam that day. Love bad news in bunches. -- NOT !

10. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This weekend was my first "mooch market" trip of the year, and I got no hotel points, no free breakfast, and I had to make my own coffee! At least there was free Internet.