Those using DL Suntrust debit routinely...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by fulthrust7, May 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. fulthrust7

fulthrust7 Member

Status Points:
    How are you guys managing the spend? What I am trying to say is that there are countless ways to MS (BB, colloquial "$$$", office supply, etc). Often it culminates to BB/MO/venmo, but these venues are often also the final common p/w of other MS initiators. So, how are you all balancing? I don't live in a region where DL is big, and don't have any DL redemptions in mind and their devaluations recently don't help, but given how easy it is to use ST debit to earn, figured I would jump on that wagon....even though I have been doing MS via other venues for a long time now. Just curious...

2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use my 2 DL SunTrust debit cards for EVERYTHING. One for biz, one for pleasure. I also have a DL Amex with my wife's SkyMiles number that I only use for Hertz, just to earn her some miles.

fulthrust7 likes this.
  3. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I buy a lot of mo's with my ST card, deposit in different bank account, transfer back to ST account via online transfer (in different amounts than the purchases so it doesn't look as obvious...), rinse and repeat.

TravelBear likes this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    That sounds really weird to me considering you're not actually spending anything to earn.

5. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is the beauty of it! The only cost is a $0.74 fee to buy the MO and the card earns 1 mile per $1 on both debit and credit transactions!

TravelBear likes this.