This was the First Milage Game show I attended, many years ago and it was The First Chicago Show.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by satman40, Sep 9, 2018.

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey Everyone -

If you haven't already registered, there is plenty of available space for Chicago Seminars 2018 next month, October 19th through October 21st. This'll be our 9th year.

My sincerest apologies if you receive this message more than once as I'm sending to attendees from the last 3 years.

As you may remember, this event is 100% volunteer, and all excess collected funds are donated to charity. Our three charities this year are the same as last year:

1. Semper Fi Fund - These guys do a great job of making sure donated money gets into action for post 9/11 wounded vets (charity navigator)
    2. Airline Ambassadors Intl - https://airlineamb.org/ - Founded by an AA flight attendant, these guys are relatively small and focus on the prevention of human trafficking. They spend time/efforts training flight crew to spot and stop human trafficking (charity navigator)
    3. Dahl Fund - http://dahlfund.org/ - Jason was the Captain on United 93. The scholarship fund was set up to help those looking for a career in aviation. Again, very small organization and donations go a long way.
    Last year across what we raised through the charity raffle and keeping our expenses in check for the event, we donated almost $15,000 in total across these three charities. Since the event started 9 years ago, we’ve raised over $100,000! I’m sincerely humbled and can't thank all of you enough for the support.

Anyhoo, we hope to see you back next month, be sure to register, and make sure you come well rested! We've got a great lineup with some new and returning speakers. I'll even get up and talk about a few things too.

Howie

A real computer nut, many millions of miles ago, really good show..