This Man Is Hilariously Live-Tweeting His Flight-and-Feud With The Woman in #7A

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Newscience, Nov 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    dstober, Flyer1976, LIH Prem and 9 others like this.
  2. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    Omg! That is hilarious.

Flyer1976, zphelj, Newscience and 2 others like this.
  3. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best part:

@USAirwaysHelp hi I find a passenger on one of your planes to be annoying. If I give you money will you remove her? I want to buy her seat

-----

Actually they're all pretty hilarious. :D

zphelj, Newscience and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    This guy RULES!!!! :D:D:D:cool:

zphelj, Sammich and Newscience like this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is why my idea of having a door that opens in-flight will eventually take off.

dstober, MSYgirl, LETTERBOY and 4 others like this.
  6. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was going to post this. This is hilarious! I would love to have seen her POV, game of thrones style! LOL

zphelj, Sammich and Newscience like this.
  7. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    A great idea, sobore! Peter Greenberg has also suggested a similar solution to obnoxious airplane passengers: eject them from the plane - in flight! :rolleyes:
    See: http://petergreenberg.com/2013/11/18/bad-travelers/

8. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you imagine this happening on an international flight? My god....

mht_flyer, zphelj and Newscience like this.
  9. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting Newscience. He turned into a troll and "Eat my d*ck" is a bit overboard in my opinion however it was the best laugh all day! Hard to fault him though when she starts in with "The male flight attendant said "I understand ma'am. I'm looking forward to seeing my family too." She responded "This isn't about you" - she's like the anti-thanksgiving spokesperson.

Flyer1976, Sammich and Newscience like this.
  10. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:

If she said that to me I would be pissed off. Hard to imagine the flight attendant keeping a straight face.

LETTERBOY and Newscience like this.
  11. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very funny, though I would have skipped the "eat my dick" bit. Waiting for the news stories of "Diane" getting an attorney and suing this guy for distress and humiliation for posting all this online.

Flyer1976, LETTERBOY and Newscience like this.
  12. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that I've met a flight attendant or two in my travels that would have trussed up this lady like a Thanksgiving turkey and tossed her in the back of the plane tout de suite! ;)

0 (2).jpg

13. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    My husband knows him and said this is classic Elan! Too funny - Btw, I'd love to see passenger 7A see all the negative publicity about herself. I hope she chokes on her Thanksgiving turkey.

14. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't consider him a troll in any way, shape, or form, and I don't think he went overboard at all. Nothing wrong with giving this lady a taste of her own medicine.

15. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, there are passengers that take things to the hilt, but we're really only getting his POV.

I think its unfair of people to say things like, "I hope she chokes on her Thanksgiving turkey". We don't, nor does Elan, her state of being. None of us know what she experienced prior to boarding or what she was thinking while on board.

Delays can bring out the worst in seasoned travelers, who knows how this affected "Diane"?

Humiliated? She responded. She could have chose to ignore him. She played a BIG part in her own "humiliation".

I'm a sarcastic person and think this is funny, in a certain context.

It's ironic, that human beings behave this way - look at some of the post here for example - during a time of thanks!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    LETTERBOY and Newscience like this.
  16. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are right, she responded when she could have ignored him. However, I do wonder if she would have responded if she knew he was tweeting all this for the world to see.

While it is true no one saw her face, nor does anyone know her last name. It's one thing to embarrass yourself in front of a small group of people. It's quite another to have someone else choose to embarrass you to a worldwide audience.

Newscience likes this.
  17. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    One other thing to consider is that this woman's complaints were directed at the airline staff and not at Elan until he chose to insert himself into the situation by further antagonizing this woman by writing a note and taking the picture.

A couple things I have learned over the course of my life is: Mind my own business, and leave other people alone. :)

brucewil and Newscience like this.
  18. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do we even know this is real? This could be all made up as pure entertainment for a bored producer on a delayed flight.

Having said that, "Diane" is embarrassed how? She has not been identified or photographed. Nor has anyone on the plane come forward to say they know both of the parties.

19. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, airline customers seated in first (or business or coach) class do not have the right to be abusive to flight attendants. But, I suspect that the airlines do have the right to refuse transport to abusive customers. And I'd have no problem with the airlines instituting a very clear "no abuse" policy regarding their customers' treatment of flight attendants and all airline personnel, and permanently banning abusive customers from their airline. :cool:

KENNECTED and LETTERBOY like this.
  20. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given the proliferation of camera phones, I always assume I'm liable to be recorded whenever I leave my house. It's foolish to assume otherwise.

In any case, I see nothing wrong with publicly shaming someone like Diane who behaves in such a rude, self-centered, arrogant manner. Elan did nothing wrong, and Diane got what she deserved.

I don't think anyone really hopes she chokes on anything.

No matter her state of mind, that's no excuse for acting as she did.

See above.

Agree 100%.

21. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Letterboy brings up an excellent point - there really is no excuse for acting boorish or rude. :cool:

I well recall a "flight experience from hell" some 20 years ago out of BWI. It started with sitting on the plane for ~2 hours on the (overheated in July) runway with an airplane mechanical problem, then having all BWI flights cancelled due to a severe thunderstorm, followed standing in multiple lines for many hours to get re-ticketed and to try to get a hotel chit for an overnight stay, etc. There was no help from electronics to rebook, etc., in those days. :(

A very long story made short, I persevered, made friends with another similarly stranded traveler standing in the ridiculously long lines, and we both got out of Dodge early the next morning on re-booked flights. :)

I will never forget the hysterical screaming middle-aged woman standing in line who publicly and loudly blamed everyone working for the airlines for "her" misfortune. :eek:

A simple question is: how would you treat the hysterical screaming woman versus the patiently waiting customers? Does she deserve "premier service" over everyone else? ;)

LETTERBOY likes this.
  22. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll live Tweet later in the week on WN (SWA). Let's start using the #hashtag (fromerly known as the number sign) #LiveTweetingFL37000. :p

Flyer1976, KENNECTED and Newscience like this.
  23. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! I think that I have been on several flights with her, and judging from the other pax on those flights, her entire family. I do not envy the other pax, or the dude, trying to lighten up a bad scene.

Now, if she had told the FA's, that she was in a hurry, 'cause she had a Thanksgiving turkey in the oven... !

We try to avoid ALL holidays (anywhere on the globe), but have to fly to SFO tomorrow. I can hardly wait. At least we are not flying to IAD, or JFK, as we seem to encounter the "worst of the worst" on those flights. However, we are flying to LAX, then up to SFO, and that leg can be very trying, even on a good day. Pray for me.

Newscience likes this.
  24. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well... I think that he could have maintained HIS sense of humor, but then, I was not there. I am anything but a prude, but think that would be over the line - still, I was not there - thankfully. Mom - "Little Johnny, what are you thankful for, on this day?" Little Johnny - "I am thankful that I was not in 7B, next to Diane! Please pass the gravy."

25. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is why I always dress well, with clean underwear - you never know who you will bump into, or by whom, you will be photographed...

gaijin62 and Newscience like this.