This Kate is going to be back in service soon right?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gconnery, Mar 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    The two near me are NEVER in service. Visited 3x over a few weeks and always broken.

gconnery likes this.
  3. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    You know the very odd thing is that this particular Kate has been out of service for MONTHS and slowly they got more aggressive with their signage. Presumably people kept ripping it off to see if they could get it working. Anyway, I hit the place this morning, and passed by on my way to the bathrooms before hitting a cashier. And ... its in service again. You never know.

4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    And ... by Wednesday (2 days later) it was Out of Service again.

misterbwong likes this.
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Kate?" That's a new term to me. It means what exactly?

gconnery and free101girl like this.
  6. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually can't remember. It refers to the MoneyCenter ATM's at Walmart and is slang used in FT forums. I was thinking it was a reference to Catalina but I think those are the automated machines at Safeway and such that print out those $10 savings coupons. So that's not it. Can't remember and a quick google search didn't come up with it. Perhaps somebody else will chime in.

free101girl likes this.
  7. StartInSanDiego

StartInSanDiego Silver Member

Status Points:
    The name is just catchy: "Kiosk Kate"-- seemed to have a personality. Kind of like Siri.
    She's:
    Loud mouthed- blaring orders across the store. Volume control seemed to be set on high at all times. No way to shut her up.
    Rather touchy-- accepting money, gift cards, etc, but only if you do it right.
    Sick most of the time with "terminal illness".

free101girl, gconnery and KenInEscazu like this.
  8. Eluis

Eluis Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm so tired of visiting WM #5072 Torrance CA just to find Kate sick. If there's anybody else around that visits this location, maybe we can start a hashtag so we can can save each other some trips when she's down. maybe #kate5072 ?

btw, did you hear the trick on shutting her up? plug in earphones into the audio jack for the hearing impaired...and the audio switches over so it doesn't announce to everybody what you're up to!

Gargoyle likes this.