This Is One Cool Job!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I have this thing for Antarctica. There are a few places around the world that I had wanted to visit since I was a little boy and I have been to all of them – except Antarctica. Some day, I do plan on running the Ice 100K that takes place inland on the continent so I can wait until then. In the meantime, if anyone shares an interest in Antarctica and does not want to pay the thousands of dollars for a visit, this job opportunity may be just for you! One “Cool” Job The job? Being the post office support person at Goudier Island, off the coast of Antarctica. It is a seasonal position – November through March – and would include running the only gift shop in Antarctica. All expenses on the island are paid and you would received a $1,250 salary each month. They are hiring a total of 4 people to man the station during the “summer” season. About 70,000 pieces of mail come to the... The post This Is One Cool Job! appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...