This is an empowering little hobby.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by sharris503, Nov 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just finished my last churn and will be on a hiatus for the next year as I gear up to buy a new house. Taking time off though has got me thinking about how much more knowledge I have about consumer credit and the banking industry than before I started. To play this game well you need to learn those things. I am better off for it and not just because I get to travel for dirt cheap. My credit score is also higher today than when I started 3 years ago. It is going to be hard to sit on the sidelines for a year. I guess I can work on manufactured spending. Maybe I will start a letter writing campaign to ask CVS to open a store in Portland.

2. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very true! Knowledge is power, and you gain a lot of it (about both travel and consumer finance) if you get serious about the miles and points game.

Good luck with the house hunt! If this is your first house purchase, you're about to begin a whole new educational course.

3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Property repairs is where I get many of my miles, a house is like a carrot in front of a horse, you never seem to catch up.

Your home Improvement stores will love you, buy the HIGC with Chase Ink...
    l

4. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After owning a 100 year old house, I'm looking forward to a newer construction home.

5. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hahaha! Swapping an old house for a new one means going from fixing things that are worn out or obsolete to fixing things that are shoddy or incorrectly installed. You can't win!