"This coupon will not be reflected online. "

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    aarp_rate.png

Is there a way to get Avis.com to produce the actual rate that I would end up paying? Also, in the case of this AWD there is no paper coupon! (AARP AWD).

lapointdm likes this.
  2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Avises website does tend to be rather user unfriendly at times. Something like that is kind of silly.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience with Avis, many corporate and group categories all default to the same online rate. Since you don't have a paper coupon that's also stackable with online promos, your online quote is what you'll get.
    The quotes at the branch may be different, and your AARP promo could be accepted by phone or in person. Try getting a quote by phone, and use that reservation # if it turns out to be better.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. My "fix" was to just book a competitor (Sixt in this case). Life is too short to deal with nonsense like this.

flyforawg and dgreen12 like this.
  5. stravels

stravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agent couldn't understand why I didn't want to call in to see what the final price of the rental would be--this was a couple years ago; guess the website still has not improved.