Thinking of Starting to Fly DL out of HOU (Security Line Q)

Discussion in 'IAH/HOU | Houston Area Airports' started by no1racer, Jan 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. no1racer

no1racer Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I am thinking of status matching to Delta later this year (love CO/UA, but considering for convenience) and wanted to know does HOU have a dedicated security line for Elite members? I have only flown WN and JBU out of HOU so hadn't paid attention. Thanks for the help in advance.

- no1racer

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    no1racer likes this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why would anyone at a CO hub want to fly Delta? Unless you're going to Delta hubs, you're going to have to take two or more segments every trip -- or do you want a lot of segments?

DTWBOB

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe upgrades. Hubs tend to be very elite heavy. It's also easier to earn status and miles with all those connections and the flights could be cheaper too.

Or maybe one too many bad experiences on CO?

5. no1racer

no1racer Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all of the responses! :)

Part of it is that Houston is a huge city and I live Southwest of it, so HOU is more convenient as well as less crowded.

I've heard good things about upgrades as well with Delta, plus I am one of the people attached to the Amex Plat card and so Skyclub access would be appealing. I am also a weekend flyer, so non stops don't necessarily matter as much as trip mileage. Couple all of this with Delta adding EC and their entertainment/wifi options and I think they are a pretty viable option for me.