They keep dragging me back in...

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Mike Reed, Sep 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    After successfully avoiding any flights on UA this year, the AA cancelation fiasco has dragged me back in and I've been reaccom'ed on two UA segments instead. I get to trade two mainline flights and instead ride the tulip on the barbie jet and it's bigger sister.

The upside is I might get one last use of my soon-to-be-expired platinum status... and I'll have activity to keep the UA account fresh.

HiIslands and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's an upside out of a downside situation I suppose but if you had some RDMs to keep around this would be a great way to extend the expiry date of these RDMs.

3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do. That was the point of the "activity" and "fresh" comment. I've got about 50K I'm keeping in that account in case of an emergency, etc.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or the globe.

Didn't you just get the 2000 UA miles from MP?

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was CO. United just forgot to take it off the planes - they've killed everything else good about that airline... hence my no travel on them this year including flights to/from SFO.

True. I already forgot about those. Probably because they weren't flight miles. Trying to look on the positive side. :)

The best part? ORC from American.

mowogo and Flyer1976 like this.
  6. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    We're in opposite positions. AA ticked me off so bad that I switched to CO a few years ago before things started falling apart.

One Christmas morning, I was aboard an AA award flight from SJO-DFW. When they pushed us back, the guy doing the pushing didn't connect it correctly, and he broke the front gear. Flight canceled. AA put me on CO through IAH. I was in BC from SJO-IAH, then E from IAH to DFW. CO credited me the miles for the flights, and AA reimbursed me half of my AAdvantage miles for being involuntarily DG from IAH-DFW (which was really not a big deal). That was before CO OnePass miles had expiration dates, too. Sweet!