These plastic pipes filled with warm water help Airbus test passenger comfort on the A350

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by gregm, Apr 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can I be a "test passenger" and get EQM for every empty seat? :D

gregm likes this.
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    gregm likes this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if one of those many water-filled testing pipes decides to spring a leak at 39,500 feet, have they fitted the A350 with floats instead of landing gear, or a drain plug? Or is this solely a land based test so the water doesn't get juggled and airsick? Water filled pipes are known not to complain as humans might do if a tad bit uncomfortable, so wouldn't it have been a better idea to put some pipe filled humans in some of those seats to evaluate an almost human reaction to the discomfort expected with those tests?

gregm likes this.
  6. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Land based. Just to simulate body heat for the climate control testing.

7. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now if those pipes could smell bad, drool and encroach on each others' personal space, that would be 'life-like'!

blackjack-21 likes this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly, so therefore not a very valid test, no matter how hard they try to promote it. And the fact that it's only a land based small test adds to the doubts that it would be sufficiently conclusive to the needs of those you mentioned above.
    After all, this was done on an airplane, and airplanes were made to fly, hence a land based test is completely unnecessary and a waste of warm water with the drought in California and Georgia.

And by the way, you've left out snoring in the above sentence, as many of us do so from time to time or more often, so that should have been included, although may not be as exhasperating as those other gems you've suggested correctly.

(All those tests reminds me of something that happened during a class I had at the Univ. of Fla. years ago, but this is a family website, so I dare not repeat it here, but it was very funny at the time.)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    gregm likes this.