There’s No Such Thing As A Free Flight

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I've addressed this in passing, but I figured I might as well address this head on, since it's something I feel strongly about -- there's no such thing as a "free" flight (well, unless you're Marilyn Hartman). On a plane you paid for whatever cabin you're flying in, whether you're on a revenue ticket, award ticket, upgrade, or taking advantage of flight benefits. Let me provide some context. I recently wrote about my Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to New York in first class where they ran out of food. That was actually the lesser of the two issues I had with the flight -- the bigger issue was with Abu Dhabi's horrible US pre-clearance facility. I have my fair share of trolls on this blog -- I take it as a compliment that they dislike me enough to keep coming back -- but sometimes they make points that are so ridiculous that they're actually worth sharing. And in this case the reason I'm sharing them isn't to actually point out the ridiculousness of them, but rather to address what they're trying to get at it in theory (which is easier to respond to when they make it amusing). The post There’s No Such Thing As A Free Flight appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...