thelobby.com RIP

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by flyingdawg, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its been a while since I visited www.thelobby.com but I stopped in today and read their annoucment about the site no longer accepting new content as of Dec. 31st. Obviously old news but I wasn't aware of it. The site had been through a couple of makeovers through the years, but some of the hotel reviews for various SPG properties were quite good. Much more confidence could be put in these reviews than those on many other websites IMHO.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    TheLobby was the Starwood site. It was just pitchy about how great everything was at their properties, right? I hadn't read it in a long time.

There were once useful reviews at http://www.starwoodlobby.com/ -- not a Starwood site but one started by a frequent flyer. But that site hasn't been updated in a couple of years, I think.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, you're right gleff, I was getting the sites confused with regards to which one had property reviews (of value). I had actually posted a couple of reviews on www.starwoodlobby.com a couple of years back. www.thelobby.com is obviously a self promotion site for SPG, but it still seems a bit odd to me they would shutter it. I did like reading some of the articles posted on the site.

Thx for correcting my mistake.....I've been a baaaaad poster.....[​IMG]

4. LoyaltyLobby
    Original Member

LoyaltyLobby Active Member

Status Points:
    Same thing with Hyatt's Yattit as well, although they yanked it sooner.

5. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually did find part of the old lobby useful. IIRC there was a section about attractions convenient to one of their properties of course, but it did turn me on to the National World War 1 Museum in Kansas City. I likely wouldn't have stopped over in KC on my way home from Christmas at the families if I hadn't seen that. Seems a slightly missed opportunity for Starwood... if it had progressed a bit farther from pure propaganda.

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, I forgot about both sites. It is sad to see thelobby.com to end. [​IMG]

7. SPG Champion
    Original Member

SPG Champion Official Representative

Status Points:
    I too was sad to see this one go. I actually enjoyed reading some of the content, even if it wasn't something I always agreed with...in particular the entries about Austin. :confused:

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
    Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
    Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

guest.forum@starwoodhotels.com

flyingdawg likes this.