The Worst Part About Running 26.2 Miles Solo

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    If you read last weekend’s training update, you know that I have really upped my weekly mileage as I train for my 6 solo marathons, 6 continents, in 4.5 days. Part of that is several marathon length (26.2 miles) runs leading up to the event itself. That includes running 2-4 of those each week to get in shape for it. Running 26.2 Miles Solo For Training While I have run 40 official marathons/ultra marathons, I have actually run another 70-80 marathon distance or longer runs in training. When training for an ultra marathon, running long runs (in excess of 26 miles) is a weekly occurrence, often back-to-back days. So, I have run a lot of 26.2 mile runs! The Nice Parts Of Running 26+ Miles Solo There are some nice things about going out on a 26+ mile training run. One of them is the idea of exploration. I get to spend about 4+ hours checking out different streets and new spots I have not seen before. It helps to... The post The Worst Part About Running 26.2 Miles Solo appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...