the worst HIEX breakfast anywhere

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by jonspencer, May 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

and the award goes to...................... Hong Kong Causeway Bay

in HK many things are set up for ''çrowd control" like the breakfast room at said hotel where they herd you into this tightly packed area and give you set menu type rubbish. Surely the food provider figured out his ROI on supplying this nasty little breakfast to the 8th decimal point.

ZERO fresh (or canned) fruit of any sort on request, how is this possible? :eek: so I just departed and headed to a local cafe'

this conclusion is from a review of 30 +/- different HIEX stays, some stays that were quite abysmal but some remarkably nice for the $$ paid, like the HIEX in Quito or Lisbon

I have low expectations from HIEX but many of this brand hotels only redeeming value is that they have a decent breakfast
    uggboy likes this.
  2. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

I have stayed at the HIX Causeway a few times and while this set breakfast (with options between a Western or Asian meal) leaves a lot to be desired, IMO it is MUCH BETTER than the breakfast served at most US HIX properties, with their artificial eggs (or cold boiled eggs), sugary cereals, awful pancakes etc - all very unhealthy and foul tasting.
    eponymous_coward likes this.