The Worst Flight in America

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, May 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-worst-flight-in-america-155631923.html

SOMEWHERE OVER OHIO—Some airline flights are just losers—day after day, they just can't get to their destination on time. And the worst flight of all?

That would be United Express Flight 4352, what's meant to be a 97-minute jump from Cincinnati to Newark, N.J. The 6 p.m. flight has run chronically late more often than any other U.S. airline flight over the past two years, according to Department of Transportation data.

Newark is the most-delayed airport in the country, prone to hourlong waits for even the most routine weather. And delays can pile up for smaller regional-jet flights that make trips into and out of Newark all day long with passengers for United's hub operation. By evening, delays often balloon into missed connections, overnight stays at airports and angry fliers.

Read More: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-worst-flight-in-america-155631923.htmlh

2. rockyrock

rockyrock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Poor New Jersey, they just can't get a break.

canucklehead likes this.
  3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    More appropriately, poor EWR flyers, when will we get a break! :D

4. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I live NJ, I am learning how to deal with this. If anyone has tips I would love to hear them. This is what I do so far.

1) Travel early in the day and make sure there are other flights to same destination.
    2) Check to see if flights out of Phily may have better on time. (I will stop this once USAIR leave Star Alliance).

Any other tips would be appreciated.