The What Should I Eat Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by Jimgotkp, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't you hate it when you are clueless when it comes to what you want to eat? I'm currently thinking what I should eat for dinner and have no clue. Of course there are a few things that affect my decision such as eating by myself and money. I hate eating by myself after a while since I've been raised to eat with the family every night.

Does anyone else hate this feeling as well?

Sweet Willie and cennas like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    as with everything, one needs to look at the pros/cons.

I grew up eating dinner with the family EVERY NIGHT, no exceptions. My brother & I were expected to have dinner with my parents as a family. So yes, dining with the family provides satisfaction of the heart/soul. Also in our family, if we were going out, no one was allowed to order the same meal, everyone had to try something different, that way, everyone in the family was able to try numerous dishes.

BUT the flipside to dining alone means I get to go off the radar & try those out of the way places that I'm not sure if I want to drag Mrs Sweet Willie or friends to just yet.

lwkatya, cennas and Jimgotkp like this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is very true!

4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. I was brought up to have dinner with my family on the dining table every night, so I hate to be eating alone. In fact, I don't think I could dine alone in a restaurant. If I have to dine alone, usually I just get some take-outs and eat alone at home.

Fortunately, as I get older and have to live and travel alone, I have managed to overcome this aversion little by little. Otherwise I would be missing out on the club access benefit that I get :). Still do not prefer it though and usually will bring a book or my laptop to keep me company.

lwkatya and Jimgotkp like this.