The Westin Chicago River North

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Sweet Willie, Jul 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just finished a great stay at the Westin River North in Chicago.

As a gold was upgraded to a club level room which I was very pleased with as I understand upgrades are supposedly tough to come by at this property.

My room faced Marina Towers & had a partial river view.

Room/bed/bath were all Westin quality, slept beautifully. I really like that the hallways are very quiet at this property (at least they were during my two night stay).

The club lounge is on the 20th floor, personally the club area as in most hotels can get loud, so I wouldn't want a room on the 20th floor if near the lounge (I think these room numbers were 2019, 2020, 2021 etc). There is a really nice view of the skyline & river from the lounge. I didn't utilize the lounge during the evenings for the hors d'oeuvres or honor bar, but did use the lounge for the continental breakfast each day. While there were no hot entrees like eggs & bacon/sausage, there were some small croissants & sliced meats/cheeses, fresh fruit (actual real sliced, not from a can), & some other misc pastries/muffins. Morning lounge staff was terrific with refills & their attention to any request one had.

The local area isn't my cup of tea when it comes to bars or restaurants (overpriced & generally lacking quality for what one gets) but if anyone is there on a Sunday and you have not been to the House of Blues Gospel Brunch, go! Lots of fun & just across the street: www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/chicago/gospelbrunch.asp

I did not utilize hotel parking as there is free overnight parking on streets nearby, just have to make sure you grab your car before the morning start-time for the meters kicks in.

Westin Chicago River North
    320 N Dearborn Street
    Chicago IL 60654

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    oops, forgot a couple lounge photos

uggboy likes this.
  3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Always liked this property and I have to agree about the Gospel Brunch.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you see electric boats go by?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think this is a quality property!