The Wandering Aramean - Open borders = more business

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I love getting my monthly update email from the Air Astana Nomad Club. It has marginal practical value to me as I’ve never flown on the carrier nor even looked at their award charts. But I find that most months there is at least one useful bit of information offered up. This month it is [...]
    ©The Wandering Aramean, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
    aptraveler and jbcarioca like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

This is a very interesting post. There is a well established belief that visa elimination accelerates travel, but clear unequivocal proof is hard to come by, even though the correlations are present. The travel between Brazil and Russia certainly increased following the elimination of visa requirements between those countries (even though Transaero dropped their weekly B744 flight GIG-DME soon after launching it). Purely anecdotally it was amazing how much Portuguese I heard in Moscow following the visa change, and how many Brazilians were changing planes with me in CDG and LHR. I still am waiting to see official figures. IIRC, the same thing has happened in many countries, but the causal proof is elusive because the visa liberation is often connected to other liberalizing steps also. Either way it is a good thing, isn't it?
    aptraveler likes this.