The value of Eurobonus - Randy quoted in Norwegian newspaper

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by SpotOn, Nov 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten is today quoting Randy Petersen in a story on the possible value of Eurobonus (if SAS was to sell this). According to the newspaper, Randy estimates the value to be around 550 million NOK. Norwegian story here and Google translated story in english here.

tommy777 and OY-JFS like this.
  2. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...and assuming approx 2.9 million members (based on this SAS infosheet), and assuming my math is correct, this puts the value of each Eurobonus member at approximately 30 USD.

OY-JFS likes this.
  3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, the boss is right, although I think the price will probably be closer to 150 mill USD than 100.

4. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    To put things into perspective, according to this calculator my facebook value is approximately 90 USD. Yes I know, a different line of business entirely and probably not comparable. However I definitely use more money with SAS than with FB. :)

5. SpotOn

SpotOn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Following the press conference announcing the content of the new "emergency" cost-cutting plan it seems that they have decided to keep the Eurobonus program in-house.

..and with this I will stop trying to keep this thread alive :)

TRAVELSIG likes this.