The unoffical TG Royal First /Silk/Orchid & Spa Lounges thread - no question is dumb enough !

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by Pegasus, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Pegasus
    Original Member

Pegasus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Royal First Lounge:
    Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. – 01:00 am.
    Facilities:

* 2 VIP Rooms
    * 6 Private Corners
    * 22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
    * Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
    * Slumber Rooms
    * Shower Suites
    * Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
    * TG First Class Check-in Facility

Lounge Access :

* Royal First Class passengers departing same day on TG operating flight
    o One guest allowed
    * First Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o One guest allowed

Royal Silk Lounge:

Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 – 2,410 sq.m. has been allocated to accommodate 314 passengers.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. – 02:00 am.
    Facilities :

* 2 Private Rooms
    * Lounge Lobby Bar
    * Buffet Bar with variety of food, snack and refreshment
    * Wi-fi Internet Corner with 6 PCs
    * Kid’s Corner

Lounge Access:

* Royal Silk Class passengers departing same day on TG operating flight
    o No guest allowed
    * Business Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o No guest allowed

Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse C - East, Level 3 – 667 sq.m. has been allocated to accommodate 145 passengers.

Facilities :

* 2 Private Rooms
    * Showers

Lounge Access:

o No guest allowed
    * Business Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o No guest allowed
    * Star Alliance Gold card holders departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o One guest allowed

Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse C - West, Level 3 – 667 sq.m. with the seating capacity of 114, it has been specifically designed for Royal Silk Class passengers to relax and refresh themselves prior to catching the flight.

Facilities:

* 2 Private Rooms
    * 6 Slumber Rooms
    * Showers

Lounge Access :

o No guest allowed
    o No guest allowed
    * Star Alliance Gold card holders departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o One guest allowed

Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse E - East, Level 3 – 667 sq.m. has been designed to accommodate THAI’s Customers’ Airlines up to 168 passengers.

Facilities:

* 2 Private Rooms
    * Showers

Lounge Access:

* Business Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flights
    o No guest allowed
    * Royal Orchid Plus Gold and Star Alliance Gold card holder departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o One guest allowed

Royal Silk Lounge at Concourse A (Domestic), Level 2 – covers an area of 979 sq.m. with seating capacity of 217 to accommodate Royal Silk Class domestic passengers.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. – 11:30 pm.
    Facilities:

* 3 VIP Rooms
    * Snack and Refreshment Bar

Lounge Access:

* Royal Silk Class passengers departing same day on TG domestic flight
    o No guest allowed
    * Royal Orchid Plus Gold and Star Alliance Gold card holder departing same day on TG domestic flight
    o One guest allowed

Royal Orchid Lounge:

Royal Orchid Lounge at Concourse E - West, Level 3 – 667 sq.m. has been designed to accommodate 20 First Class and 91 Business Class THAI's Customers' Airlines passengers.

Facilities:

* Designated area for First Class Passengers
    * 2 Private Rooms
    * 7 Slumber Rooms
    * Showers

Lounge Access:

* First Class passengers departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o One guest allowed
    o No guest allowed
    * Royal Orchid Plus Gold and Star Alliance Gold card holders departing same day on any Star Alliance operating flight
    o One guest allowed

Royal Orchid Spa:

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 – 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. – 11:30 pm.
    General Facilities:

* 32 Seated Lounge Area
    * Healthy Snack
    * Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:

* 3 Touch Of Silk Body Massage Suites
    * 6 Traditional Neck & Shoulder or Meridian Foot Massage Corners
    * 2 Steam Rooms
    * 2 Sauna Rooms
    * 4 Shower Suites
    * Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:

* 8 Traditional Neck & Shoulder or Meridian Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

* Touch Of Silk Body Massage ( 60 minutes) – In any of three Spa Suites, we offer a gentle and relaxing full body massage using traditional techniques with pure herbal essence aromatherapy oils, including Jacuzzi and Tropical Rain Fall which Royal First Class passengers can relax themselves in a tranquil atmosphere.
    * Traditional Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) – The treatment is designed for Neck and Shoulder to clear all stress and tension before or after long journey. This is especially provided for Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers.
    * Meridian Foot Massage (30 minutes) – The treatment is designed for Foot Massage to clear all stress and tension before or after long journey. This is especially provided for Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers.

Lounge Access:

* Royal First Class passengers departing same day on TG operating flight
    * Royal Silk Class passengers departing same day on TG operating flight (Neck & Shoulder and Foot Massage only)
    * No guest allowed

Source: Thai Services on the Ground

mrredskin, OY-JFS, Chimpy and 8 others like this.
  2. kraven
    Original Member

kraven Silver Member

Status Points:
    How much time should one calculate for the whole lounge experience in C?

Kalboz likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The lounge itself you can probably give a miss to, it has internet and some food but isn't special if you're in business. You can have a 30 minute massage though so that's nice. I wouldn't make a day of it..

Here's a question about the F lounge -- it's mentioned that there's check-in capability. If you otherwise have access to the lounge, can they process standby upgrades? I'm with mrs. gleff shortly, 1 F and 1 C ticket. Flight so far she's the only one inthe cabin, but second F award seat hasn't opened in 6 months... Probably there'll be an available seat day of departure which I'd pay for. Just wondering how to do it since I'll be checking in in HKT.

4. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the lounge in BKK alot. I spend hours there everytime I pass through. I enjoy the food, the nice relaxing 'private corner' and the spa services.

The staff are always very friendly and helpful.

They do lack any premium beverages though, the alcohol is all pretty standard (unlike FCT).

5. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    What are the "Private Rooms" and what are the VIP rooms? i've never noticed/seen these. I've always just been given what I assume is a "Private Corner."

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Assume private corrners are the living rooms that run the side of the lounge, with couch.. chair.. TV.. table.

7. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    That what I assume as well, and that's where i've always been seated.

But what are the VIP rooms? And Private Rooms in the other lounges?

I feel kind of stuiped never checking out any of the other Thai lounge offerings in BKK as i've spent hours and hours there.

8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well, if you were a VIP you'd know about the VIP rooms. [​IMG]

I'm not a VIP either, so don't worry. [​IMG]

Presumably if you were a member of the Thai Royal Family, a General, a director of the airline you'd wind up in such a room.

joesmoe likes this.
  9. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    DYKWIA!

heh If i broke out that card they'd probably downgrade me to coach.

10. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would I have access to the steam room/sauna if flying LX F (I know I will not have access to the massage)

Jeff

11. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    We ended up in a private room when we were i BKK last time around. It was one of the first doors to the left when you enter the lounge from the main entrance. Main difference was that it was very quiet, as there were proper walls and a door, with a small window. Have a peek next time.
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the entire Royal First Class lounge is not sealed off from the rest of the terminal. That includes the six living rooms, you can hear that moving sidewalk warning noise and other noises from the terminal. For some reason, they chose not to build the lounge with walls going all the way down to the floor.

On this occasion my girlfriend was tired from an island hopping adventure and wanted some peace and quiet. It was a slow afternoon in the lounge waiting for the 4PM to HKG and we inquired and were invited to sit in the private room. It's nothing special, but it's quiet if that's a requirement.

On other occasions, I've seen this room occupied by Thais and what I assume is very important Thais.

12. Zinzan
    Original Member

Zinzan Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I'd spotted that, and thought it curious. Presumably it was designed that way, rather than being a consequence of (what I recall was a bit of) a rush to finish the terminal building when the airport opened (weren't only some of the lounges finished at the opening?).

13. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed how loud it is, even in one of the private corners.

Also, I know exactly what room you are talking about, and have peeked in there before, didn't realize it was a 'private room.'

14. Junca
    Original Member

Junca Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking forward to being able to experience the first lounge before a TG flight in a few months (BKK-CDG in F). I've seen a number of trip reports that show the "living rooms", but not really the rest of the lounge. If we (2 of us) don't get the living room, what type of seating is there? I assume a good variety of chairs, maybe couches? Ever get crowded (I'm assuming it's designed to always feel spacious and uncrowded)? Any preferred areas to hang and relax? BTW... thanks for the thorough description in first post.

15. Where2next?
    Original Member

Where2next? Gold Member

Status Points:
    YMMV... on our most recent trip in the F lounge, they had difficulty getting us connecting LH boarding passes for our CDG-FRA, yet 6 months ago, when we had the same dilema as you, they went the extra mile in clearing my connecting C waitlist (had a C ticket but confirmed in Y). Good luck, and if you don't clear in HKT, give it another try in BKK.

joesmoe and synd like this.
  16. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    You will not. The steam room/sauna is part of the Spa and access is only for TG F pax.

Chimpy and joesmoe like this.
  17. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, in September at the FRA FCT they could not get me a BP for the TG F CDG-BKK segment. Something odd is going on between the carriers then.

Chimpy likes this.
  18. Coathanger
    Original Member

Coathanger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe there are four or five of those 'living rooms' lined up on the left side of the lounge once you pass reception.

Opposite those are cluster seating (similar to the J lounges) but I've not seen them too crowded.

Kalboz and Junca like this.
  19. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Before TG606 (HKG 16:00) boards the rooms have been full and overflow traffic seated elsewhere until the rooms open up.

Chimpy and joesmoe like this.
  20. Coathanger
    Original Member

Coathanger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apologies if I wasn't clear. I was referring to the cluster seating area not being crowded.

Kalboz and joesmoe like this.
  21. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    As no question is dumb enough... can someone run me through the 1 hour massage? How to book it, how to behave, what to wear... all the basics really. Yeah, I am a complete newbie to massage, so I have no idea what to expect. Anything I should be aware of? I'll have 4 1/2 hours between flight from CPH connecting to SYD, so hanging round the lounge all the time is not really an option.

Kalboz, mrredskin and Chimpy like this.
  22. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    Transferring from TG C to F at BKK you should get a buggy transfer to the Royal First lounge, except if it's very close they might just send PA to walk you. I suggest you mention at that point that you want to book a massage and they will take you directly to the Spa to book it.

In the private massage rooms used for 1 hour massages, you'll be asked to put on some disposable underwear when you change. If you prefer, you can ask not to use any. Have a quick shower before the massage, put on the robe and slippers and the masseuse will give you the massage. Think I was asked to pick a scent for the oil massage, but not quite sure.

There are L'occitane toiletires.

No need to tip.

The massage has been around 45 minutes actual massage in my experience, with some time for showering and getting ready at the start and end. There's a seperate Royal First waiting lounge in the spa, and they'll serve some tea before and after the massage.

Enjoy!

Kalboz, mrredskin, Chimpy and 4 others like this.
  23. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not that you weren't clear, I was simply adding info.

I have seen the cluster seating busy once, on a Monday at 5PM. Don't know if this was an aberation or not.

Chimpy likes this.
  24. Dave

Dave Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering how long a layover you need to get a full body massage. I have a 2hr 15min layover and was wondering if it would be enough. Thanks for your help!

Kalboz likes this.
  25. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    2hrs 15 minutes should be more than enough to get the massage. The only problem will be if the spa is full, though I don't know how often that is.

Oh and welcome to MilePoint! Hope you enjoy the company here :)

spaced2 and Dave like this.