The United CC perks

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by michael21, Jul 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good morning! Are the perks associated with the united credit card like priority boarding and checked bag free only on united or their partners as well? And how do they know you get a free checked bag? Does the reservation need to be made with the united CC? Can you just show it to them?

Thanks

2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the perks are only applicable on United. I believe that's generally the case for all airline branded credit cards.

And to get the benefits on United, you do have to use the United credit card for the ticket purchase (I can't remember where I read that - may have been here). I think American does this, too.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Benefits only apply on UA metal.

Officially you are required to use the card to purchase the ticket to get the benefits. Unofficially, showing the card has, from time to time, seen the bag benefit extended anyways.

cvsara likes this.
  4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I virtually never use that card to purchase my tickets, and the priority boarding and free bag have always automatically applied on UA flights.

dhammer53 and Bluto like this.
  5. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How? When you enter your number the bag is free?

6. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is linked to my MP number.

7. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    The wife received her Explorer card the day b/f a flight from PIA to OGG, and ended up having to check her carry on. Seems they (TSA), just don't like seeing a cordless drill in there that looks like a G - -. She showed her Explorer card, and all was taken care of, at no cost to her.
    -