The Top Five Credit Card Loyalty Programs

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by UsingMiles, Dec 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. UsingMiles

UsingMiles Z Representative

Status Points:
    Did you receive your share of the $48 billion worth of loyalty points issued this year? Review 2012′s top five airline credit card programs as rated by Smart Credit Choices to find out.
    [​IMG]

1. In the top spot this year is the loyalty program offered by the Capital One Ventures Rewards Credit Card. The two miles earned per dollar on every purchase, every day never expire and can be used to fly on any airline, any time with no blackout dates. You can also earn a bonus of 10,000 points when you spend $1,000 in the first three months.

[​IMG]

2. The Citi Thank You Premier Rewards Card has many of the benefits of the Capital One Ventures Rewards Credit Card, except for the number of points you earn per dollar spent. For the first 24 months you earn two points per dollar spent. After that it drops to 1.2 points at select stores and one point at all remaining locations.

[​IMG]

3. The third spot goes to Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card. This card offers 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day. This card also has no interest until November 2013 and no annual fee.

[​IMG]

4. Next is the Chase Sapphire Rewards Card. This card has a $95 annual fee which is waived the first year. You can earn a bonus of 40,000 miles by spending $3,000 in the first three months.

[​IMG]

5. The last spot goes to Gold Delta Skymiles Credit Card from American Express. Get double miles for redeeming for a Delta flight. Also, when you travel Delta, your first bag is checked free.

Don’t let your miles be apart of the $16 billion that expire each year. Track not only you credit card points but over 200 loyalty programs on your UsingMiles dashboard!

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually, many of us consider some of the other cards to be a much better deal than the ones listed.

For example, the Delta PT card, under the right circumstances gets you MQMs and Hilton has one that comes with Hilton Gold status --- and both of these offer other benes.

DTWBOB

3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    CapOne does spend money on the raters. I would not ever borrow money from them.

daninstl, Kalboz and TAHKUCT like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did they just pick five random cards or was this influenced by whoever paid for a spot in the lineup?

Anyone else think this type of post is spam?

daninstl, Kalboz, boondr and 5 others like this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Capital one cards on the list? Agree with above posters, there are much better value cards then Capital Ones mentioned above.

daninstl and jbcarioca like this.
  6. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, the card described in #4 is the Chase Sapphire Preferred, not the Chase Sapphire which is pictured. Link does go to the right place for the CSP, though.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even if all the information were true, we tend to apply for and use the cards which are most beneficial at personal level. Isn't Capital the one that leaves its footprint at all three credit agencies for one lousy card? I will pass on that.

daninstl, ezb and TAHKUCT like this.
  8. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    CitiAAdvantage is my favorite card. They gave me a ridiculous credit limit and I've never had an issue with it.

daninstl and Kalboz like this.
  9. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    High credit limit is one thing. Like that too. Paying it all of monthly, is quite another

daninstl likes this.
  10. davythefatboy

davythefatboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    for travel rewards, you are absolutely correct, Cap One is not on my list. But I'm very happy with my 2% cash back Spark Business card, and have found their customer support to be excellent and proactive.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  11. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear.

12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those are the top 5 credit card loyalty programs? According to whom?

daninstl, merice107 and TAHKUCT like this.
  13. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    It should be titled "Top 5 highest paying affiliate links we have"

Trust us it's great!

BTW I just switched from the Venture to the NAF VentureOne (an "upgrade" in CapOne terms lol). The VentureOne card is without exception the most hideously obnoxious card out there. That gold spray paint they use is painfully bright and tacky. I don't use the card but would be embarrassed to do so.

daninstl, MX, Kalboz and 1 other person like this.
  14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    makes me wonder... can anyone post affiliate links here on MilePoint?

daninstl likes this.
  15. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    The CSP is #4? Out of that grouping?

My prediction is that they're not looking at exhaustive lists of the various cards' benefits...

SuperKirby and Kalboz like this.
  16. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this list was meant for the general public. Us FFs (for the most part) won't agree with this list. People who infrequently travel could really benefit from the Venture card, like most of my friends & family. You can book any airline or hotel using points as cash anytime (once a year, every other year, etc.) and you're not tied to 1-2 airlines/hotels such as I. Us FFs (even frugal as I) look for a bigger bang for our buck, therefore the Venture just isn't gonna cut it for us! =)

Now, if they had a list for Top 5 Credit Card Loyalty Programs for the TRUE FFs, that'll be a different story.

ThereseKhu and Kalboz like this.
  17. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about a list of the worst loyalty cards. Those shown in this paid advertisement are average but there are really crappy ones out there. My favorites are the cruise line cards. You get like 5000 points to sign up which is worth like $50 on board credit and the earnings are like 1x per $1.

ThereseKhu and SuperKirby like this.
  18. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah that would be interesting to see. For me, it would be the PayPal Extras card. The point system is actually not bad: 3x dining, 2x eBay/Paypal purchases, 1x everything else. However, the redemption rates are one of the worse (if not the worse) I have ever seen...

ThereseKhu likes this.