The "Thanks Concierge" thread

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Mozzarella, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mozzarella
    Original Member

Mozzarella Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thought I'd add a similar thread to what is over on FT.

My thanks go out to Angela at ORD. Last week I was in HSV scheduled to fly back to YYZ via IAH. However, IAH was completely snowed in and CO was absolutely no help. I had to cancel and rebook via UA to ORD then AC to YYZ. At ORD, AC flight was delayed by one hour due to a fuel spill on the tarmac. Angela saw my SE tags on my carry-on, called me over and had me upgraded to J.

Well done Angela and thanks!

Exit Row, milchap and ACMM like this.
  2. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a very nice move! And thanks for starting the thread!

3. NordsFan
    Original Member

NordsFan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was flying YYZ-YVR-HKG in mid-January with 2 other SEs. Our YVR-HKG cnx was compromised by late arrival of the inbound aircraft, thus putting us at risk for a mis-cnx on a UA flight that evening on HKG-SIN.

The YYZ concierges advised Jayne and Julia in YVR who took charge, liaising with AC in HKG and with UA.

We arrived in HKG to be met by a swarm of concierges and agents who got us through HKG cnx security and over to the UA gate in 8 minutes......

Nice work. [​IMG]

milchap and ACMM like this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    While not concierges, I must give great thanks to two great YVR-Station staff, Christina S and Marina N. Saved my tired butt when I arrived in YVR from HKG (onwards to YYZ) and found out HKG-Station had separated my legs and somehow caused all sorts of grief for me (unintentional I know). Christina and Marina were champions and got me on my way quickly and with an upgrade to boot! Thanks to both! Email to Calin and customer solutions still forthcoming ladies!

5. 2MM_Guy
    Original Member

2MM_Guy Gold Member

Status Points:
    On Thursday (10-Feb):

Was on US flight PHX - LAX. Equipment had hydraulic problem. Started to sweat as I already had a tight connection in LAX for the AC794. Called Rita and explained my situation. She told me to call her as soon as I landed. Fortunately, after a one hour delay we took off. When I landed at LAX, I had <45 mins to make the flight. Called Rita, she told me to meet her at the security. Walked from Terminal 1 to 2 (5-8 minute walk), Met up with Rita, she navigated me through a very long TSA pre-checkup line and through security. Got to the gate as the flight was boarding.

I am sure that I would have missed my flight if I was a "civilian".

6. Exit Row
    Original Member

Exit Row Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to thank Debbie, Sandy and Kim at YEG. For me personally, they have been the most attentive and helpful concierges in the network. I haven't been to YEG in a couple months, but I look forward to heading back there if for nothing else than to say hi to the three of them.

Thanks Debbie. Thanks Sandy. Thanks Kim. You're the best!

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not dropped into the concierge office in a while ... will have to do so on an upcoming flight to SLC via DEN.

8. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    8 minutes is almost unbelievable at HKG .You leave a plane,clear immigration, certainly security and still did this all in that time frame.That is outstanding.

You can arrive at YYZ from YQG and connect to YVR and it could take all of 8 minutes without security and immigration.

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    :eek: I missed that - having gone through HKG recently it is amazing! even with the concierge's help!

10. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    It certainly IS amazing- however for an intl/intl connection at HKG you do not need to clear immigration. My record is 15 minutes- and it was certainly cutting to the wire (inbound NGB/HKG connecting to HKG/FRA WITHOUT an onward boarding pass). HKG is great for tight connections most of the time- thumbs up on the great conceirge work for the OP.

milchap likes this.