The TAM Museum-for aviation buffs

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by jbcarioca, Mar 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many milepointers already know TAM is the largest airline in the southern hemisphere. It had quite humble beginnings when Táxi Aéreo Marília was formed flying a Cessna 402. It grew steadily and eventually ended up the airline it is today. It is in São Carlos, SP about 250km away from the city of São Paulo. It is worth a visit for anybody curious about development of aviation in Brazil. Nearly everything is only in Portuguese, but there are exhibits of aircraft, uniforms and lost of other memorabilia that do not need translation.

http://www.museutam.com.br/o_museu.php

SirRagnar likes this.
  2. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip. I'll be in Sao Paolo tomorrow (if Swiss can find a crew for their flight LX092). I only have half a day for sightseeing so I won't be able to visit this museum.
    Are there any sights in SP I should prioritize on a half day sightseeing?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, in a half day it will be a function of where you are because the city of so huge. I recommend asking your hosts or your hotel as soon as you arrive. The most reasonable options will probably be a half day tour of the areas close to you.

i wish I could give better advice but a half day makes it difficult in such a gigantic city.