The Tallest, Most Expensive Building in Bangkok Will Have You Living in a Hotel

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Sep 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Tallest, Most Expensive Building in Bangkok Will Have You Living in a Hotel:)

[​IMG]

Staying for a few nights in a hotel is one thing, but buying into that lifestyle and staying for a portion of your life in one is another matter entirely. Fortunately for hotels, people dream of doing this very thing, hence the rise of hotel-style apartment living (beaucoup amenities), or just plain hotels with condos thrown on top.

When they're completed next year, Bangkok's Ritz-Carlton Residences should steal the top spot in the luxury dream of those who would give their right arm to occupy a hotel suite. In addition to the being the tallest and most expensive skyscraper in Bangkok's skyline, the 200 Ritz-Carlton Residences at Maha Nakhon will compliment an actual "boutique hotel"—ah hem The Edition Bangkok—also housed in the architecturally mindboggling building.

[​IMG]

Now for the prices: the smallest united in the Ritz-Carlton residences will jump off around $890,000. Although if you're a big shot who maybe is having your assistant read this aloud to you and you won't settle for anything less than the Penthouse, be prepared to smack down $11.25 million. Room rates for The Edition Bangkok? No idea on these yet, but rest assured we'll keep you posted (even though we're quite sure this project will be massively delayed).http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2...ng_in_Bangkok_Will_Have_You_Living_in_a_Hotel

charlilo, cennas and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strange to quote prices in USD in BKK. So.. 890K @ 30 BHT/USD... wow that is pretty high prices for an entry level in Bangkok. It would also be interesting to see the monthly fees. For what its worth, I saw a condo in a building built in 2001 with a great location and views near the Emporium and walking distance (2 minutes) to BTS. Rennovated fully this year. Excellent kitchen. 3 bedrooms. 2.5 baths. Large patios. Great facilities. Total size ~170 square metres= ~1550 square feet plus patios. Less than 350K USD, and there was a bit of negotiation room. Go a couple of kms away from the BTS and the prices drop another 40%.

I agree on the project massively delayed comment by the way.

JohnDeere19 and uggboy like this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, so really high prices but the building does look amazing. Can't wait to see what some of the interior looks like!

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps- however I suspect with those type of prices in Bangkok the buyers will have their own interior designers/architects and the developer will just sell "bare walls" as happened with some of the super high end areas sold above the St. Regis. Bangkok is a great market to invest in for apartments- but this high end type of development really has limited appeal IMHO (of course I am sure many differ from my opinion).

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    With these condo-hotel developments, I would worry what happens if the hotel doesn't succeed. Also, will the fees for joint facilities be fairly allocated between condo association and the hotel that runs it.

TRAVELSIG and JohnDeere19 like this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent questions. The investors in the Four Seasons Aviara who now own a condo in the Park Hyatt may have reason to wonder if this change increases/decreases their value. Fees also could be quite the discussion- especially in the case of shared facilities which required staff.

7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    The building does look stunning :)

lwkatya and uggboy like this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought so too!:)

lwkatya likes this.