The Status Match Master Discussion for Hotel Frequent Guest Loyalty Programs

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Canarsie, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    This discussion is designed for those who are looking for a different hotel frequent guest loyalty program of which to become a member.

More will be added here, but please feel free to start the discussion in the meantime...

2. MGU

MGU

3. metallim

metallim Active Member

Status Points:
    bw matches most other programs status pretty easily. spg matches marriott, hyatt and hilton. hyatt officially doesn't do matches anymore, but i believe they will still give trial matches from spg, marriott, hyatt, hilton and pc.

miles and smiles likes this.
  4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Goldpoints Plus is generous with its status matches. Not sure if things will change with the switchover to the new Club Carlson on March 1.

Tiki likes this.
  5. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have now received three status matches from my PC platinum - BW, Goldpoints/Carlson and now Choice. [​IMG]

Jett Rink, Tim O'Brien and Tiki like this.
  6. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Generally speaking, is there a best time of year to ask for a status match in order to extend the benefits further?

For example, if I asked Hilton for a status match in January, and they granted it, when would that status end? Or if were to ask Hilton for a status match in May, would that end date be different than if I asked in January?

7. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt Gold Passport offers a Diamond Status match that gives Diamond status for 60 days. However, if you complete 12 nights within those 60 days, the Diamond status would be extended until the end of next year.

These are the only hotel programs that Hyatt will match:

Hilton Gold VIP or Hilton Diamond VIP
    Marriott Gold or Marriott Platinum
    Starwood Platinum Preferred Guest
    Priority Club Platinum

Note: This was offered to me last month via email after inquiring about a status match, but I'd imagine it is still available.

IDGflygirl and GoodBoy like this.
  8. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    In September 2010, in response to my emailed request, Starwood matched my Marriott Platinum Status and gave me Starwood Platinum Preferred Level status through 2011. I don't know if they still do this, but it would be worth a query.

9. I just signed up for the same offer, so it *is* still available. I will maintain the Diamond tier through February, 2013 so I have a year to NOT worry about re qualifying. A good way to try out the program this year without much investment once I complete the challenge.

I am sure this is reaching, but will anyone match my status on Southwest? It is time to diversify, plus I will start doing international travel this year.

10. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How did you get Choice to match status? I just got off the telephone with them and the rep said that they do not match status. They only give status by stays in their hotel chains.

11. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I sent them an email with my Priority Club status, and they matched me a few days later. Or you can fax it to them at 970-257-1062.
    Choice gave me Platinum.
    Good luck.

Jett Rink and Tim O'Brien like this.
  12. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sent it by fax. I'll wait and see if they upgrade me to platinum, I am already gold but I will get a few more points when I stay at a Choice hotel this weekend if I get platinum by then.

13. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a link for this? or do I have to email Hyatt GP and ask for a fax number?

14. you have to contact Hyatt and they email you an offer.

15. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    After the Discover America Choice deal, I emailed Choice with a scan of my PC Platinum card (the old one) and asked for a Diamond upgrade. Approval went quickly - for Platinum. I was primarily interested in expanding the booking window, and to get upgrades on award stays.

The expanded booking window really helped me tie down some award stays for June/July, and eliminate the uncertainty of what would be available at 30-days.

miles and smiles, I dropped to zip from Silver with Carlson. I'd like to get status again, as I have some possible award stays (or using "Discover America" vouchers) planned later this year, where status may be helpful. How did you go about it with Carlson?

16. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Go to Carlson's contact page:
    http://www.clubcarlson.com/customerservice/customersupport.do
    Send them an email asking what they require for a status match. I believe I just sent them a copy of my PC statement. Carlson gave me gold. It took a few days. I got upgraded both times I've been at a Carlson hotel since.
    I also snagged some vouchers from discover America which I will probably use this fall.

Jett Rink likes this.
  17. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, miles and smiles. I'll see what I can do.

18. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You're welcome. It should be easy to get the match. Good luck.

Jett Rink likes this.
  19. Richard1148

Richard1148 Active Member

Status Points:
    My best status is PC Platinum, but I haven't stayed at a PC hotel in quite a while. Does Hyatt ask for a copy of your stays or just a copy of the card?

20. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Starwood no longer does status matches, IIRC since April 1. They now have a new program that involves a challenge. There are some details in a thread in the Starwood forum which was started by the MP SPG representative, but some details (such as how frequently this can be done) haven't been released IIRC.

21. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is probably common knowledge by now, but just for the sake of completeness: SPG has a 'Platinum challenge', where they ask you to stay 15 nights in 90 days. If successful you become Platinum normally (it's a fast-track option). I am doing it at the moment. They didn't seem interested in whether or not I have status elsewhere :p

22. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sent Hyatt a photo of my pc platinum card. Got the diamond trial in about 4 days. Used two suite upgrades in Chicago and really enjoyed the clubs. Not going to make 12 nights but I still have 2 suite upgrades left to use whenever....I think. From what I've read those don't expire.

23. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure? When I was offered a temp comped Diamond status from Hyatt several years ago, the suite upgrade cert did indeed have an expiration date, but my travel agent told me that I could mail it back to Hyatt and request that it be extended if I did so around its expiration date. I don't know whether this has changed.

24. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    The ones I have are confirmed suite upgrades in my account online. No paper voucher.

25. edison
    Original Member

edison Silver Member

Status Points: